The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: #860/1000 SOLD

383mazda

*Quick update - due to the fender bender (see below) I'll knock $500 off the asking price - offer good until I fix it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well, it's with bitter sweet emotion that I'm posting the Galant for sale - but I've found another car I couldn't pass up.

EFED1DD0-CADD-42A0-8407-2A22517A53FA_zpsyouttx5s.jpg

ALL THE DETAILS are here in a build thread I started when I bought the car: (LOTS OF PICS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )
860/1000 Diary

Here is even the previous FOR SALE thread from 18 months ago when I bought the car:
Previous owner's for sale post from 2015

Between these two threads you can find out everything about the car. You can even google "GVR4 860/1000" to find some older stuff...

I'm asking $5,000 from the community, after a few weeks I'll put it on CL for a bit more.

This is a RUST FREE car with 116K miles - EVERYTHING WORKS! From light bulbs to windshield sprayers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. The exterior is a little rough though (see previous fore sale thread) - at one time in this car's life it sat in a parking lot for a looong time and the paint (and seat belts) took a beating from the sun. It also has a handful of dents - I figured this would make an even better sleeper, but they're fixable - nothing structural is damaged.

In a nutshell, I've "restored" this car mechanically to a solid DD and did the mods you're supposed to do before you add power /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Someone else will be able to grab this car and hit the ground running!

IMG_2191_zpssyxbcvye.jpg

Highlights of the build thread are probably:

New low mileage "Shep Trans" (with locked center diff)
Brand new ACT 2100 clutch and Streetlight Flywheel
EvoIII exhaust mani, 2G o2 housing and 7cm turbine housing all patched and ported
Rebuild throttlebody (from throttlebodys.com)
Rebuilt and welded clutch pedal assy
Balance Shaft delete
ABS Delete
Cruise control Delete (never worked)
Vacuum hose de-clutter

NEW / maintenance stuffs:
Timing belt
Water pump
Engine seals / gaskets (except head gasket)
Alternator
belts
SS braided brake lines
Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump and wire kit
Grimmspeed boost controller (you can see in engine bay pic mounted to radiator)
tires (less than 2,000 miles on them)
Amsoil fluids throughout

IMG_2186_zpsuc2jpl4q.jpg

Car rides on H&R lowering springs and adjustable shocks / struts.
Also includes all the parts needed to rebuild the driveshaft. There is a slight buzzing on decel - but not the typical thumping associated with worn carrier barrings (maybe they just need to be shimmed?)
(In pic: Two carrier barrings, two yokes with U-joints and cups, two bag-o-shims, and a front subframe poly bushing kit)

IMG_2187_zpscenhmqge.jpg

(also notice the cracked leather on the headrests /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif )

The interior matches what it looked like in the previous for sale thread, except for those rear seat headrests. I took everything out of the car to clean the seats and carpet. I used a leather cleaner on the seats and the next day the rear seat had cracked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Only dash light is the ABS light - but I'm not sure if it's from the ABS delete, or because I have LED's in the tail lights, but the brakes work and all the tail lights are come on.

Hit me up with any further questions through PM or e-mail at [email protected]. I picked this car up from Memphis and drove it 7 hours back to Texas which was a bit of an adventure... But now I wouldn't hesitate to drive this to either coast!

Thanks!
Brandon

Last edited:

383mazda

Cause I know you're going to want to know what I'm replacing this with...

A9506156-E533-4C66-8A0C-EB96F5981397_zpsq0lzxio9.jpg

My family has always been into Volvo's - I was raised in a 240 Turbo wagon. My little brother scored a 2 door 240 Group A car (one of 500 ever made) and I thought getting the Galant could be a fun car to compete with and haul the family around. Sadly we never got "officially" to race at the track though (we showed up on a slicks only night), but the cars were dead even on the highway! lol
8D519794-B7F1-4439-9F7E-1714C945BC48_zpsxhvo2t4n.jpg

Recently though I've decided (or more like wife has demanded /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif) that having a family car that is also my project car isn't the best idea. Then I found this volvo for sale locally; it's a one owner car - old couple that kept it at their Colorado summer home. This thing has 220,000 miles on it and it looks like it drove off the dealer lot last week! It's immaculate, and I've already started tinkering with it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

3DE60153-0C58-4D07-ADAA-885C5204E989_zpsr4grssfs.jpg

I'll miss the ~200hp Galant, driving this 90hp volvo is a completely different experiance, lol. But I hope to leave the Galant in good hands!

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
If I read your post correctly, the wife clearly did not say you could not have a family car and a project car. Obviously you need to keep the VR4 as the project car if the Volvo is the family car.

Nothing against Volvos though, I drove a 144S for 9 years and loved the indestructability of it.

383mazda

Update - the car was involved in a small fender bender last Friday - I am getting insurance involved and will certainly keep this post updated and adjust the price accordingly after the dust settles. No serious damage, and I'm going to fight to keep a clean title (that car is too nice of a driver to part out - although honestly if I take out all emotion that probably is the better financial decision...)

Lady smacked me in a parking lot right in the front side of the car (just under the blinker)

No broken glass, but the headlight and blinker were pushed around a bit (I haven't taken anything apart yet - waiting for claim adjuster to show up) but it doesn't look like core support was damaged at all. Hood gap is smaller on that side, but no interference, still opens and shuts fine.

It looks like the inner fender support brace took the brunt of the damage (picture looking up from wheel well, the black brace should run straight along the top of the bumper)

I'll take the bumper off after insurance contacts me so I can see the extent of any damage - but hopefully pulling things out straight will be all the body work that is needed (and a new painted pumper)

And here's the lady's car - new Buick, some 1500 grit sand paper and buffing will make her car look new - figures...

Last edited:

diambo4life

Or you can have both. I'm a Volvo fun too. This is mine. As you can see, I had a wagon too (in the background) that I recently let go off. I want a 740 turbo wagon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited:

383mazda

Volvo's are cool man! I just don't have room for both, nor do I want to split funds between two "play cars," at least not until I'm making 6 figures and only working 3 days a week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

The 240 is spotless so it gets the garage, and I hate to see the Galant out in the driveway all the time.

LNSTRVR4

Don't part it man. it's too solid of a car. Let me recoup some funds and if you got it in a few months I'm definately interested. My conquest needs a mitsu buddy lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

383mazda

Haven't had time to pull bumper off, but it looks like worst case scenario it'll need a new bumper cover, headlight trim and fender. That's what ins quoted me (along with paint and labor). I figure used parts in good shape can be bought for under $200, then shipping and paint if colors don't match, so I'm knocking $500 off original asking price until I get it fixed.

Really I think it can be straightened out. I'm going to pull bumper and yank on this bracket where the nut is and see if I can gently pull everything back into alignment.

383mazda

Fixed...

So here was the damage "under the skin"
This bracket is supposed to be at 90º (pointing straight down).

And the side bumper support:

So I gently pulled and straightened everything out - wasn't that bad at all:

I took off the pass side bracket to use as a template and made them match each other

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts