The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: $3500 95 Montero SR on 35's NW indiana

IncorpoRatedX

1995 Mitsubishi Montero SR, 4x4, 3.5 liter, Automatic.

Do your friends own jeeps and lifted 1 tons? Want to own a serious 4x4 but don't want to give up creature comforts or reliability? Can't afford a rubicon? It's ok! This Montero SR has the best of all worlds, comfort, reliability, decent gas mileage and the ability to climb vertical rock faces with ease. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Equipped with a 6g74 quad cam 10:1 compression 3.5 liter v6 backed by the super reliable electronically adjustable AW4 transmission used on Jeeps, Supra's, Toyota trucks and luxury Lexus sedans, this Mitsubishi can haul a family of up to 7 with its 3rd row seating, or fold up and house two people as tall as 6'5 for camping, the ultra versatile machine is great for road trips with its 3 foot long sun roof, electronically adjustable suspension, ice cold AC and average 18mpg and even better when you slow down, go off road and lock its differentials. While your friends are lifting, axle swapping and re-gearing their jeeps to fit 31's, you'll be sitting on big tires with stock suspension. The SR model is the only montero that can handle this kind of tire due to its high horsepower and fuel efficient engine combined with its large wheel wells factory deep gearing (4.6:1 ring/pinion) and extremely tough rear differential (mitsu design, ford 9 inch style with larger axles). Lug pattern is the same size as a full size chevy so wheels and tires are easy to find if you wish to change to something else.

Worried about the ride quality with massive tires? Don't be. The Montero was built for Dakar racing, has independent front suspension, cv axles (both replaced in recent years), front skid plate and a cross over steering system that utilizes an idler arm for stability and increased control. There's no steering wheel play or speed wobble like jeeps get. The truck is firm and steering wheel is straight at any speed.

This is the ultimate in comfortable 4x4 daily driver but once it snows you have a seriously capable machine on your hands, the transfer case has an AWD option that can be shifted into on the go. Driving down clean road and about to turn onto a messy side street covered in snow? Engage AWD, and proceed in confidence. Need to make it into work after a massive lake effect snow fall? Hop in and kick on the heat, engage 4 low and lock the rear differential, 3 feet of snow isn't going to stop you from leaving your driveway.

I'm sure your asking yourself "if this truck is so awesome, why is he selling it??" Simple, I own two. My other one has 37 inch tires and before winter will be turbo charged. These engines are the same design as the engines used on the 3000gt twin turbo cars that can produce upwards of 500hp on stock internals, in this application they produce less than 260hp but its enough for 35's, the 37's on the other will be a little tougher especially since I plan to pull the boat with it.

I've taken this truck on tons of road trips to turkey run, cedar point, starved rock, gone wheeling in the bad lands, bundy hill, have never sustained any body damage, drove there and back without breaking anything.

Too long, dont want to read?

Here's the specs:
1995 Montero SR
230,000 miles, can go another 100k easily.
3.5 liter quad cam 10:1 compression 6G74
AW4 automatic 4 speed transmission
Factory external transmission cooler
Factory external oil cooler
Factory air locker in rear
Locking center diff for AWD or 4x4 modes
35x12.50 inch Dunlop radial mud rover tires
15x10 aluminum wheels
Newer cv axles
Replaced inner and outer tie rod ends
Leather interior
Hella 7 inch driving lights
Tinted windows
Factory EVO 8 CD player
Factory additional gauge pod with compass, outdoor temp, oil pressure and volts
factory floor mats
factory option wood grain dash
K&N filter kit
Recently had spark plugs and new wires
AC was drained and recharged 2 years ago, has not required any service since
cruise control works
electronic adjustable suspension
electronic adjustable transmission (power, normal, hold(hold is for slippery conditions, starts vehicle in 2nd gear))
Timing belt was done 3 years ago
Engine runs strong but burns a little bit of oil due to leaky valve stem seals, common issue with these engine, only occurs when idling for long periods of time.
Transmission shifts very firm.

Paint and interior are all in great condition, body does not appear to have much rust, vehicle is driven in winter months so the underbody and frame have rust, shouldnt deter you if you plan to use this for a winter machine or camping/wheeling toy, majority of service points under the truck have been touched, greased, anti-seized and worked on in the last few years so maintenance shouldn't be any kind of nightmare, I have owned a number of monteros over the years, until I bought an SR, now I would never own anything but a Montero SR, if you've been on this forum any length of time you've likely heard me up on a soap box talking about them, everything you could ever want from a 4x4, right out of the box, without the big price tag!

First image is most recent, rest are from last winter.

Call or text at 269.357.4372
Price is $3500 OBO, no trades.

52ceabb81d5511e3a38422000a1f96a9_7.jpg

859741cc6c7011e2962d22000a1f9aa0_7.jpg

ef07564464a311e2aa0322000a1fa408_7.jpg

df6b0af0640811e2844022000a1f9adf_7.jpg

James

I know you say no trades but ill throw it out there... My galant for it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

IncorpoRatedX

I would consider it, but the distance between us makes that one more fun than would make sense /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hittman

omg....do you have any interior pics?

I've been looking for one of these from a reputable person...

Any underbody pics?

IncorpoRatedX

short answer; no

But i can get some haha.

interior is tan leather, does not have heated seats, all the leather is in pretty good shape. headliner is pretty good, i dont think any of the owners were smokers.

IncorpoRatedX

inside and underside bits and such.

needs a good cleaning up, but for the price im askin' i'll leave that to the new owner. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

local craigslist person is supposed to come by tomorrow, probably to low ball me, but yeah.

mistaVR4

Damn bro, I'd buy this in a second if it were closer, GLWS, don't think it will be much of a problem.

IncorpoRatedX

SOLD

thanks guys!

93accordEX

that was quick. You have me somewhat interested in these trucks, is there a good forum for them? I actually think I liked your older one better though which I believe went to your brother. I'm probably going to need something like this this winter.

IncorpoRatedX

expeditionportal and 4x4wire

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned