The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 2 GVR4's...one stock one modded in Mass, $8500

hosmer

Well...putting this up without much hope, but I'll give it a shot

I'd like to sell BOTH of my cars as a package

Car #1:

1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4
1446/2000
nile black
sunroof car
black leather interior
5 speed
OEM Thule roof rack

New timing belt (with all associated hardware/pulleys), new water pump, and the brakes are new

mods:
5 lug swap
3000GT VR4 front brake swap
JDM Galant RS engine swap (16g turbo)
ETS FMIC kit w/stainless j-pipe and upper ic pipe
Greddy Type-S BOV (FTA)
Forced Performance intake w/out recirc
2g DSM MAF conversion
Denso 550's
HKS cam gears
relocated battery
Marshal FPR
225 fuel pump
3" turbo back exhaust
JumpTronix meter (battery voltage and o2 voltage)
Apexi SAFC
Autometer boost gauge
KYB struts w/Whiteline springs
AFCO camber kit
Sparco steering wheel w/NRG quick release
EVO MR BBS wheels (1 tire needs replacing)
EVO 8 blue/black Recaros (not installed, but included...in nice shape)
One of those brass MBC's that another member on here makes (sorry, I forget his name)
1g shifter (not installed)

Chipped ECU with the following map:
8k rev limit
no fuel cut
octane value reset
knock sum using the OEM boost gauge in the cluster
check engine shift light
2 step stutter box
Injector and fuel pressure compensation
Deadtime compensation
2g DSM MAF compensation
idle speed adjustment
enhanced closed loop

Deleted stuff:
all wheel steering
FIAV
ISC
ABS

car was put together well a few years ago, then used as a DD and needs some freshening up
SAFC was hacked in and the cannon plugs should be re-spliced (I may get to this soon)...was planning on going DSMlink
Also, 2 exhaust manifold studs are broken

Car runs and drives as-is but has no front seats in it right this second (have the OEM seats, can re-install)

This is the most recent pic...I have a new(er) front bumper that hasnt had the grille hacked out...I also have the foglights and hood /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif (its a complete car)

100_0570.jpg

100_0571.jpg

100_0501.jpg

Older pics from last winter (has been in the garage ever since...started and moved once every couple weeks):

galant2.jpg

galant1.jpg

galant4.jpg

Car #2:

1991 Galant VR-4
1835/2000
belize green
Sunroof car
5 speed
black leather

This is a almost bone stock car. The only aftermarket parts are a Bosal exhaust (quiet/OEM sounding) and a set of custom 1 off Bilstein struts and springs.

This car originally belonged to Sam Shanaman...google the name and you will see his racing background, staring with 1st gen Eclipses in the early 90's. The car was sold to a close friend of his and then to me.

I have receipts that go back to 1991...including ones for a brand new transmission, transfer case, and rear end when the car had 122k on it (so 40k on those parts) as well as a turbo, t-belt/water pump at 132k, and many MANY other maintenance items.

I also have the original window sticker, owners manuals, original bill of sale when new, ect

Everything in the car works flawlessly EXCEPT:
the ABS (module is unplugged in the trunk because its bad)
the 4 wheel steering (because it sucks and everyone takes it out...also have a receipt for this "repair")
the A/C (dont know why)
1 foglight (lens is cracked, I MIGHT have a spare)

Brakes a squishy but I believe that is becasue of a new rear caliper that wasnt properly bled

Interior is as near mint as you're going to get...no cracks in the dash, so splits in the seams of the seats, no splits in the rear seat. Drivers bolster barely shows sings of wear.

Body is decent, rub marks on the right rear corner of the bumper and left front corner of the front bumper. Trunk and quarter panel do have a dent from a tree branch falling on the car.

Small rust spot on the upper corner of the windshield, also along the bottom of the front doors (common, see pics). Also, part of the sheet metal underneath near the firewall (outside of where the control arm bolts to the unibody) rotted out. Its where a tow truck driver would normally tie the car down for transport, underneath is another layer of the unibody so its not like a hole in the floor...it can be fixed, but it is there and I want to make sure anyone interested knows about it.

All that said, the car honest to god drives like a dream. 85 on the highway with zero vibrations, humming, pulling, ect. Transmission and clutch shift like butter. Absolutely NO VALVE TICK of any kind. Power steering pump whines a bit, but the car has been sitting for a while...so?

No check engine light, but ABS light is on due to the bad ABS module (which again, is unplugged)

100_0558.jpg

100_0557.jpg

100_0555.jpg

100_0554.jpg

100_0559.jpg

100_0560.jpg

100_0561.jpg

100_0562.jpg

100_0569.jpg

the dent from the tree branch:

100_0556.jpg

Again, I know its a loooongshot to find a buyer who wants both, but it'd be nice to keep them together
You bring a 2 car trailer (or a couple of friends) and $8500 CASH and you get both cars and all the parts I can find out in the garage for them

Thanks

Last edited:

atc250r

Staff member
Add the price to the title or the ad will be removed.

John

hosmer

Forgot to mention I have a 92 LS parts car (black) that would included with the sale. This car also runs and drives.

Clean titles in hand for all 3 cars

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts