The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1993 AWD Eagle Talon, $4500 in Wilmington, DE.

Nate

A friend is trying to sell his fairly heavily modded 1993 AWD Talon. I'm doing this list from memory, since I've done most of the work on it.

Background: I know the current owner and the previous owner, and the literally did buy it from a 82 year old lady (!) who had every receipt since it was new in 1993. She had taken it to the dealer for everything, and I mean everything, until it had about 85K on it. During that time, the head was replaced, the trans was rebuilt, the transfer case was replaced, etc.

The car is a 5spd, by the way.

For the first owner, I put in a CFDF clutch, installed a ported 95 manifold, a big 16G, a ported O2 housing, a fuel pump, a VPC, replaced the front and rear main seals, removed the balance shafts, did the timing belt, tensioner, and water pump, boost gauge, etc.

For the second owner, I removed the 16g, installed an FP Green, with a 2g manifold with a Tial gate, installed an AFDX huge front mount kit, including all of the piping, installed an ACT 2600 clutch along with a Fidanza flywheel, changed the intake to a 3" Dejon with a large K&N filter, AGXs with Eibach Pro-kit springs, new hatch struts, and a set of BC cams, and a Buschur 2.5" exhaust turbo-back. It has a cat installed, but it includes a matching test pipe.

The current owner also installed: a Greddy boost controller, newer style headlights, a wideband (I'm forgetting the brand), 18" wheels and new tires.

I've replaced the brake pads once for the second owner, and replace pads and rotors for the third owner. The car is very clean, the current owner loves detailing the car with products worthy of a Ferrari. The interior is black leather, and is in excellent shape. He's replaced all of the stereo components, but you'd have to ask him what he did - I'm not a stereo guy.

I've asked him for pictures to post here, which I will post once I get them. He is a stand-up guy, and I will gladly vouch for him. His email address is [email protected], and his name is Daniel.

Here is the complete mod list, copied directly from the owner.

Forced Performance FPGreen turbo
2g exhaust manifold
38mm external tial wastegate w/ dump
660cc injectors
Supra TT fuel pump
VPC
AFC
Eprom Ecu w/ burned chip that has stutter box launch and some other goodies
Brian Crower Cams 272 grind
Buscher 2.5" exhaust
Greddy electronic boost controller
ACT 2600 clutch
Fidanza flywheel
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
Custom intake
Eibach pro-kits springs with KYB AGX shocks and struts
Front and rear strut tower bars
Forged 18" rims - Centerline (white)
Huge race FMIC
Ebay turbo timer
Autometer boost guage
Autometer EGT sensor and guage
AEM UEGO wideband O2 sensor
Cheap aftermarket head unit
Aluminum radiator
New clear, bright head lights and clear sidemarkers
High flow catalytic converter, test pipe included (not installed)

Thanks.

Nate

Last edited:

i might be interested, waiting to see some pictures. i need something that will be reliable for a daily driver. would this car fit the bill?

can i get pics of the 85yr old lady driving it?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nate

Probably not, but if I dig hard enough I can probably find pictures of the 70yr old second owner. :)

Nate

CmanorVr4

Nate, you got ant interior and engine bay shots,,,,interested in the car.

Nate

I will bug the owner for interior and engine bay shots. It's kind of crowded in the engine bay - the car still has the ABS in it.

Nate

The only problem that I know of is that the interior from the front seats on back has been stripped out.

Oh, and the big problem is that the current owner is a few months from graduating and just lost his job, hence the sale of the car in the first place.

Daniel Mandon is the owner's name, and his email is [email protected]. I'm sure he'll readily answer any questions anyone has about it, but I'll try answer them if they're posted here.

Thanks again.

Nate

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned