The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1992 VR4 Indianapolis, In. 692/1000 **SOLD**

ktmrider

^^ From first post:

-I made a hood opening that came out really nice, but the area's that I welded are starting to pop up a little. I will fix this or repaint another hood if you can find me one!

rdomeck

Contemplating taken it autocrossing this weekend....

rdomeck

Fighting the urge to part this thing out or build more power..... Someone please buy it to save me time and/or money!

KT

PM'd a long shot

rdomeck

Oil leak is fixed.... Pictures showing the new drain tube from turbo to oil pan.

A couple of things that I should add.

New oil pan at time of rebuild
90 OFH with remote oil cooler under ABS unit
No rust, see under body pictures

I am to the point that I really want to sell this. Not because I need the money. Because I hate to see it sitting after all this work that I have done.

I have a bunch of spare parts that I will include for an additional $1000. They include...
-3 transmission paid $450
-1 transfer case paid $75
-1 ported and polished 1G head read for valve train paid $400
-1 set of GSC Power-Division S1 cams paid $300
-1 New Drive shaft rebuild kit. Paid $350

rdomeck

Updated price. $4000 with no engine, trans, suspension, wheels, etc. I need this thing out of my yard.....

rdomeck

Bump to sell or keep.... Drove it for the first time today in a while. Fired right up and running great. Had someone come to look at it, but I don't think we will come to an agreement on price. Just to clarify....

$8,000 for the running driving car as it sits with the radio removed.
$4,000 for the car minus engine, transmission, suspension, ECU, wheels, front brakes and battery.

Jesus_Negros

I'd like a repainted shell with perfect body /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif GLWS

curtis

Really Guys just let him sell is car instead of dogging him and it out. I bet 90 percent of all VR4's left in this country has at one time been driven in salt or on a road that has had an 18 wheeler on it that dropped salt particulate out. If you want a perfect example of a showroom stock Vr4. Hold your f***ing breath because almost everyone of them is old enough to buy beer........I bet if the nicest ones in the country all come up for sale people would be asking the same questions and finding small problems and install fails to bitch about. Oh the welds on the IC pipes could be better, why didn't you paint the x,y,z,....or Man I'd do it but I don't like using credit cards so I'll pay you x at payday then 12 dollars every other month for the next 9 years.

If you look it the car and all the parts he has on it, give him a descent price for a clean stock car then 50% for all his parts your still having forced prison bathroom man sex with him and still bitching about the price. His suspension cost more than most people have in there VR4's

This and other threads that do down the rabbit hole have actually had me contemplating saying f*** it and do a part out and crush mine with my neighbors tractor because yes I know you can never recoop what you have in one or the countless hours building a car but seems like lately really nice builds have followed this path because everyone tries to low ball the hell out of people and expect all the aftermarket parts to stay with the car. I can buy a slr or an exocet put all my parts towards it do a full build play with it for years and then sell it and make a hell of a lot more money than building my car because these cars have fallen into the DSM classification of being cheap pieces of sh*t.

If everyone would quit playing e-thug and talking sh*t maybe in a few years these car will go up in value. Remember 3000 made and probably less than 700 still floating around.... Kelley blue book on weirdo cars isn't the be all know all. Prime example Buick Grand Nationals, Syclones, Typhoons, Supras and RX7's and NSX's. Any of these cars with mods and time spent on them will easily bring 15 to 20K. Why because the owners made owning one an exclusive club way back before the age of the internet, when VR4's were new they had corvette price tags on them.......So what happened...probably because these were optioned out cars that had a na fwd piece of sh*t platform as a younger step brother...think about some of this for a while instead of having the Hershey squirts in peoples for sale threads.

rdomeck

Thank you moderators for cleaning up this thread.

I'm dropping the price to $7500 until November 15th then I will pull it in the shop to part it out....

Street Surgeon

Just a bit of advice which you probably are already well aware of... If you were to remove the coilovers and sell them seperately you could then lower the price of the car 2500 to 4000 and it would probably sell immediately. Then you wouldn't have to go through the hassle of a full partout etc. Just slap on a stock or stock-ish suspension and there you go! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Jesus_Negros

I bet those coilovers would sell themselves too.

cheekychimp

Quoting Street Surgeon:
Just a bit of advice which you probably are already well aware of... If you were to remove the coilovers and sell them seperately you could then lower the price of the car 2500 to 4000 and it would probably sell immediately. Then you wouldn't have to go through the hassle of a full partout etc. Just slap on a stock or stock-ish suspension and there you go! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Randy,

I know you specifically mentioned you wanted comments relating to pricing removed from this thread, but given the work involved with doing a partout, I think this is great advice. The coilovers will sell and the car as a running vehicle in the $5,000 range is also likely to move. It saves you a lot of work and ultimately gets you the amount of cash you are looking for.

G

Staff member
He said he is not trying to recoup his investment.

Paddy1337

Car still for sale? I'm in a similar boat to some other people it sounds like. I am looking for a reasonably priced VR4 right now. Your coilovers are bamf, actually better than the coilovers on my Evo. But, they'd be useless to me. I want to buy a VR4 to build a stage rally car. If the car is up for sale without the coilovers let me know. Not sure what price you'll be wanting, but I may be interested seeing it appears rust free through and through.

rdomeck

Car is still for sale. I have someone locally coming to take a look. I haven't sourced another set of shocks......

rdomeck

btt

coyotes

What is the scoop for? I see in your photobucket there is an intercooler there, but in the pictures on page 2 there is no intercooler there anymore. Does it have a FMIC now?

are the rally lights still available to come with the car if desired?

rdomeck

The scoop was for a top mount intercooler. That wasn't working great and I came across a Evo 9 cooler, so I installed that. The rally lights would be available for a cost. Cibie's are expensive and I plan to install those on another project. The bolt on light bar would be included if you would like.

I will be pulling the car in Monday to part out!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts