The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1992 VR4 Indianapolis, In. 692/1000 **SOLD**

rdomeck

Well, I have purchased a new Cadillac and it's time to sell the VR4. I have a bunch invested like most of us do and I'm looking to recoup half of what I have put into this build over the last two years. I have offered the car back to the previous owner and he is going to let me know in the next few days if he will be buying it back.

The good:
-Rebuilt engine with stock internals 10,000 ago
-Evo 3 16g w/ evo 3 manifold and O2 housing
-3" stainless mandrel bent exhaust from O2 to tail pipe
-ECMLink full V3
-LC-1 wideband
-Fuel Lab 750 cc injectors
-3" Intake to turbo w/K&N filter
-Evo 9 intercooler
-Aeromotive 340 fuel pump
-Battery relocated to trunk w/ fuel pump rewire
-New Action clutch, Mitsu master and slave, stainless line, resurfaced flywheel, etc.
-Shep stage 2 transmission. Purchased locally from a local GVR4 owner who was parting out his car. Mileage unknown.

The really awesome:
-Ohlin Evo 9 Road and Track shocks
-Complete disassemble and repaint to W69 paint code. This is the newer Mitsubishi white used on Galants and a few other models
-Interior near flawless. One small spot on dash in the tray under clock the size of a dime or smaller.

The not so awesome:
-Clutch does not completely disengage. I have been easy on it and usually double clutch although I don't have to. It's not bad, but still isn't a 100% I drive a 46 2-ton chevy on occasion so double clutching kinda comes natural!
-I made a hood opening that came out really nice, but the area's that I welded are starting to pop up a little. I will fix this or repaint another hood if you can find me one!
-Leaks some oil from the turbo oil return. It's a new tube, but still leaks. I have the -10 hose and fittings and plan to fix this soon, just hasn't happen yet.

Link to the last for sale thread click

link to a 100 or so pictures click

Rally light no longer installed. It was a complete bolt on affair. No VR4's were harmed in the installation of said Rally lights!

I'm sure there is more. I would be glad to drive the car to you if you are somewhat close...Within 200-300 miles. I would require some sort of deposit.

You can visit my web page to see some photo's or the photobucket link. Don't want to take up to much of the .org's bandwidth with extra pictures!

Thanks, Randy

Last edited:

transparentdsm

i love this car and everything you have done to it, i have watched the thread of this build and love this thing so much. i wish i had the 9g's to just buy the thing. id love to own that thing.

2000GTX

Jesus look at that hood

and those lights

I hope someone buys this car.

turbowop

In my opinion, that is an excellent price for your car. Although you and I haven't always agreed on things, I appreciate the amount of time spent and the quality of the paint work. Then there are the Ohlins, which are worth practically half of your asking price. Good luck with the sale. If I had the cash to spare, I would probably buy this thing and store it. Somebody is going to get one hell of a GVR4. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

rdomeck

Thanks for the very kind words. You guys are making me feel like I should keep it! I will be doing some work on it this weekend. Fixing the oil leak, repairing the hood, etc. Just some little things that I can now take the time to fix knowing I don't have to drive it.

I'm open to offers, but I don't need to sell it right away.......

Epifool

Beautiful car! I wish i had mo money, id park 1848 and drive this one while i restored the other. Then drive both. One for work, the other for weekends.

Jesus_Negros

Sell it or keep it. We need to make it taboo to part out the well done gvr4's! Love the car btw.

Epifool

I'll come work for ya part time til its paid for! Take your pick, weekdays or weekends (night shift is unnatural, but they pay me for it). Love the car, wish i could afford another one- id take it in a heartbeat.

blacksheep

Man, I see this car and appreciate the time, effort and money that went into it. More I think about it, more I want to put my car up and buy a built car. Let me fix my oil pan drippage and see what I want to do.

G

Staff member
How about some under body pics to see how bad the rust is or is not? This may help you sell it.

rdomeck

I will take some under body photo's this weekend. There is no rust on this car anywhere.

rdomeck

Didn't get a chance to take any under body photo's this weekend. I did get a chance to drive it Sunday for the first time in a month...... Someone buy this before I pull it into the shop and do a full engine build. This thing is fun and wouldn't mind keeping it as a toy, with a lot more horsepower!

It really has no rust at all. The paint job and shocks are worth more than what I am asking.....

rdomeck

Dropped price by $1000..... Someone buy this before I rip it apart for a bunch more HP.

rdomeck

Have had a little interest.... It's going back in the garage at home next weekend. Hopefully I don't start taking it apart!

rdomeck

Didn't make it into the garage this weekend, but I did wash it. I will get the oil return tube replaced and the hood repainted for the new owner. Pictures were taken tonight. 108,999 miles. Will probably have a few more put on it. I will be pulling out the stereo to go into one of my other cars!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts