The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1992 VR4 998/1000 in FL with JDM ( Super clean car) SOLD

transparentdsm

So you would drive it in the winter in the salt? So G is correct. You would ruin it. This car is to clean to be driven in snow.

Last edited:

5OF2k

Bull.

Cars are meant to be driven, regardless. Sure, it's a DAMN CLEAN car, but that sure as hell wouldnt stop me from driving it whenever I wanted to. If driving a car in inclimate weather "ruins" it, then apparently every single one of my cars is ruined, even #5.

Bottom line, if I own a car, im going to drive it. Whenever I want. If that pisses you off, good. keep your garage queen in the garage, I'm gonna go do some drifting and donuts in the white stuff you're so scared of. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Jake

MellowVR4

I would drive mine in the snow, IF THEIR WAS NO SALT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif If they didnt throw salt around here i would drive the sh*t out of it in the snow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

transparentdsm

Quoting 5OF2k:
Bull.

Cars are meant to be driven, regardless. Sure, it's a DAMN CLEAN car, but that sure as hell wouldnt stop me from driving it whenever I wanted to. If driving a car in inclimate weather "ruins" it, then apparently every single one of my cars is ruined, even #5.

Bottom line, if I own a car, im going to drive it. Whenever I want. If that pisses you off, good. keep your garage queen in the garage, I'm gonna go do some drifting and donuts in the white stuff you're so scared of. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Jake

im not scared to drive mine anywhere. i love my car and i love driving it in different conditions and having fun. there is nothing wrong with taking your car out in the snow and going and getting some, but if i were to drop 7200$ on a beautiful rust free gvr4 that is this clean i wouldn't want to drive it in snow, especially anywhere that there is salt being thrown down. im in tahoe we only have sand, but people are stupid and i wouldn't drive it in the snow because i wouldn't want them hitting me. if you want to drive your vr4 in the salt and snow around people that are stupid be my guest, but don't buy a pristine, super clean example of a vr4 and then go RUIN it, yes RUIN it by driving around salted areas in the winter where it gets icy and people crash there cars. im not saying the buyer would, but there not every other person on the road.

G is just making a point to try and preserve a piece of history that was well put together and maintained. i dont think G was implying to garage queen it, as that was not my intention at all, this car should be driven and very often and ran hard, but there are so many others for sale that have already been put in these harsh conditions, why do it to one that obviously hasn't seen them. This is why i agreed with him.

G

Staff member
What he said ^. I want to see the species preserved and not end up in a junkyard a few years down the road. Have seen it happen time and time again. If you live in the rust belt and can drop 7k on a vr4 then you can drop another 2k for a winter beater. If not, then don't buy it.

turbowop

I say buy it and drive it in the salty snow. If it gets ruined, the value of my car just goes up. I'm okay with that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I might give people sh*t for doing tacky mods on their cars, but I really don't care what conditions they drive them in.

mikus

I'm sure seller doesn't mind the bumps but cmon guys take it to anything goes. Nice car hoss, GLWS!

Riced

I am about to go out of town. but if its still around once i get back in a couple weeks we shall talk.
I need another Gvr in the driveway its been far to long

G

Staff member
Right.

drew367

DMJ: Is the "vetting" complete, or are you still in process?
If still in process, when do you believe you'll come to a decision?
Time is not my friend.

drew367

Hi dmj,

Would you please reply to the multiple pm's sent. I need to know if the car is still for sale, or, if to move on.
If you are in no rush, then please let us know.

VR4ownzU

I live about 20 mins or so from the car. No way I'm letting it go to someone that will drive it in the snow. Just so you know it's not running right. It wants to die after to stop. Also needs paint on roof and hood

drew367

I spoke with Dexter. Very nice guy. Quite forthright. He's not happy himself with how the car is running and wants to take it in to check out the engine one more time.
Dexter also mentioned the hood/roof fading. Must be a southern/east coast/west coast situation. My car, 899/1000, was outdoors for ten years all day, and then for 11-12 hours for the next ten, and the paint has not faded. Maybe Summit White just holds up better than all the darker colors. Nevertheless, that fade is a minor inconvenience.
If you, VR4ownzU, have any other info, I'm happy to listen.

I've owned a 1990 Galant GSX, as well as 899/1000 since 1992 - both bought used w/42-44,000 miles and two years old. I traded in the GSX for the VR4, and would STILL be happy to have either car, as both have been a pleasure to drive. Sadly, both are gone, w/899 dying 7/19/13 w/251,+++ miles, still 99% stock, but too damaged to fix.
It would be nice to have another for the next ten or more years.

trexn8

That car is setup really nice.

drew367

DMJ, could you post a direct picture of the right front fender and the front passenger door, head on and from the front passenger side, looking back towards the rear passenger door?
It's the only angle missing.
It would be appreciated.

dmj

Car sold today. New owner is driving it to Nebraska as I post. Promises it will be a summer driver.

VR4ownzU

Why the hell didn't you contact me once you got it running right? Selling to a northerner was a big fail. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I give up on you FL people when it comes to selling cars. For sure the most flakey people to deal with. A buyer 45 mins away and you just don't give a sh*t?

ktmrider

Quoting VR4ownzU:
Why the hell didn't you contact me once you got it running right? Selling to a northerner was a big fail. I give up on you FL people when it comes to selling cars. For sure the most flakey people to deal with. A buyer 45 mins away and you just don't give a sh*t?

No offense here Nick but your personal feelings on car cleanliness and whatnot are well known on this site. What exactly did you "offer" him for the car after making this post earlier?

"Just so you know it's not running right. It wants to die after to stop. Also needs paint on roof and hood "

Under what the seller was asking = no room to biotch about it. Sure I hate to see it go into the rust/corn belt too however $$$ talks and BS ( lowball ) walks.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts