The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1992 galant vr4 project in NJ-5k

Muggus

I have a belize green vr4 project that im lookng to sell. I have had the car for a a little bit then took it apart to rebuild and its been sitting since. I haven't had the time to get it back together and at this point the main reason i want it gone is so i can get the garage space back. Id prefer to sell it to someone who wants to finish it rather then part it but whatever. It needs a little bit of work to get it going. I started some body work a while back so the car looks like a mess. I did plan on spraying the car so I have a gallon of Belize Green paint. Heres a quick mod list off the top of my head, ill get more detailed as I go over the car. Ill add some pics tomorrow. Driveshaft and t-case need to be installed. Im looking to get $5000.
-Engine-was rebuilt years ago and never ran, i check the walls with a borescope and they still look clean but someone might still want to give it a once over
-Ross pistons (bored 20)
-Eagle rods
-ARP hardware
-Metal Headgasket, either Mitsu or HKS
-New pump and belt hardware, gates belt
-BC 280 cams
-BC springs/retainers
-90 style oil cooler housing, needs cooler
-Drivetrain
-Turbotrix transmission with welded front diff
-ACT 2900 clutch
-either JUN or Fidanza flywheel
-low mile FP 3065 turbo
-FP cast manifold
-Tial 44 mm Wastegate
-FP 4" cast intake with almost new Green filter
-3" turboback exhaust
-New AEM 320 pump
-RC 950 injectors
-Aeromotive FPR
-New ebay afco stlye radiator with gates hoses
-I also have a new mishimoto 1g rad if you wanted to try and fit it in
-Poly motor mounts
-Kosei K1 wheels, tires are shot
-ECM link V3
-Dejon Tool intake manifold
-Buschur 1g FMIC kit that i started to install, trimmed front support to make it fit
-Tial 50mm BOV
-solid bushings for driveshaft and shifter cables

Last edited:

Defiant

Honestly, you'd be better off parting it out.

I think 5k for a not running car is going to be near impossible to sell. But thats just my .02 cents.

GLWS

Last edited:

Muggus

yeah I just dont want to take that much time to do it. plus it would take less time to get it running then part it. I'm open to offers. I'll just keep slowly working on it I guess and if someone buys it then great, if not maybe I'm keep it once it runs. at this point there isn't really much money to finish it, just time. just mostly needs random hardware to bolt the stuff on. I was in contact with pot for that stuff a while ago but didn't end up working in the car for a while.

Last edited:

thomcasey

YOu need to provide more body pics, especially since the paint looks to be very thin in places and we can see body-filler in use around the wheel well. Full disclosure sells on here.

Muggus

yeah I'll get some more pics. i have been pretty busy lately and just wanted to get something up. at this point is rather not part it but it's possible in the near future. the previous owner must have lightly swiped something on the passenger side. the front fender I was just gonna replace. the rear quarter and fender took the most damage as you can see the side trim only lightly got you touched.

dsmgst

Nice to see you still have the car Muggus! Although its in pieces, at least its not another lost cause sent to the scrap yard.

I'm the previous owner of 597/1000. I bought the car in the Lehigh Valley, PA area back in 2009 from someone on a local forum. When I bought it the passenger side fender and rear quarter had identical creases in them as if he swiped a guard rail or something. No affects from it suspension or frame wise what so ever. Other than that the body was straight with your typical clear coat failure on the roof, hood, and trunk. Sold the car to Muggus back in January 2011??? A lot as changed with the car since then obviously, but that car was solid when I owned it. Definitely miss having a GVR4.

Muggus

Wow thats crazy man. I remember buying it without seeing it and you were nice enough to drive it to my house. Yeah I drove it for a bit stock and I was building a gsx at the time but figured I didnt want both and I liked the galant more. So I started swapping parts over and unfortunately I just got caught up in life and what not and never got anywhere with it. Good to hear from you.

Muggus

I'm in the process of getting a new house which is supposed to close early next month. if anyone can take it by then so I dont have to move it would be great. open to lower offers just keep in mind there is alot of money here as a part out. if nobody takes it I'll probably just move the car and part it myself.

Muggus

Bump! The more I think about it the more I dont feel like moving this and taking up a garage spot. Any offers?

NateCrisman

Muggus: hit me up on facebook, Im possibly interested in releaving you of the headache of moving!

Nathan Crisman on facebook. much easier to "chat" there.

Muggus

I might also be interested in a trade for a decent 4x4 pickup of equal value.

Muggus

I still have the car sitting around if anyone is interested in making an offer on it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts