The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1992 Galant VR4 #912/1000 - CA - $3,000 (sunroof) ***SOLD***

JCorbo25

Quote:
umm. I didn't offer 2k. I offered 3k plus 200 for the turbo you had. You accepted 3k, but wouldn't sell the turbo. I opted not to buy mainly because there were too many unknowns, and everything was zip tied together. I also didn't feel like paying you my hard earned dollars because of the condescending/arrogant way you chose to deal with me as a potential buyer. Hope you found someone who didn't care as much as I did. GLWS...

^ Welcome to the board!

Not sure why you think I was condescending/arrogant. We agreed on $3,500 for the car with DSMLink prior to meeting (+$400 for the Evo3 turbo). I was clear about the issues with the car, it's current condition, and the work it needed. So no, I wasn't interested in haggling and had already smogged the car, drove it 80 miles to meet up, swapped the seats, and had it ready to go per our agreement. That's a couple hours of my time plus gas and smog. Not including the horrid test drive that your 'DSM expert' took us on, I see why he has an auto-DSM.

And yes, your original offer was $3,000 for the car + BNIB Evo3 Turbo. When you adjust out DSMLink and the turbo, that's $2,000 for the car. Offering $200 for the turbo is pretty insulting by the way, which I sold the next day for $450 (a steal).

It's ok though, I put the car to stock and a couple days later, got what I was asking and had other people in line. The new owner is very happy with his purchase.

Good luck finding a Galant VR4.

BAMFTalon

"And yes, your original offer was $3,000 for the car + BNIB Evo3 Turbo. When you adjust out DSMLink and the turbo, that's $2,000 for the car. Offering $200 for the turbo is pretty insulting by the way, which I sold the next day for $450 (a steal)."

So you actually valued the turbo at 500 dollars even though it needed to be replaced immediately? Interesting. And that "DSM Expert" knew what a turbine housing was and you didn't? Nor could you verify whether or not it was a legit MHI turbo.

And in regards to your "condescending arrogance", perhaps that's just the way you deal with people and you don't notice. But I did. Glad you found a buyer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BAMFTalon

"And yes, your original offer was $3,000 for the car + BNIB Evo3 Turbo. When you adjust out DSMLink and the turbo, that's $2,000 for the car. Offering $200 for the turbo is pretty insulting by the way, which I sold the next day for $450 (a steal)."

So you actually valued a turbo (that you couldn't verify was a legit MHI) that needed to be replaced immediately at 500 dollars when you sold essentially the same (new) turbo for 450 the next day? Interesting. Nor could you identify what a turbine housing was, so that "DSM expert", who you clearly don't know, happened to be a lot more knowledgeable than yourself, and I'm eternally grateful he was there.

I've patiently waited long enough, I don't mind waiting for the right one a little longer. Yours was not it.

JCorbo25

Quote:

So you actually valued the turbo at 500 dollars even though it needed to be replaced immediately? Interesting. And that "DSM Expert" knew what a turbine housing was and you didn't? Nor could you verify whether or not it was a legit MHI turbo.

And in regards to your "condescending arrogance", perhaps that's just the way you deal with people and you don't notice. But I did. Glad you found a buyer.

Not sure what you are arguing...
$3,000 - Your offer, with DSMLink + new in box turbo
-$500 - DSMLink
-$500 - New in box turbo
$2,000 - car value.

Your 'DSM expert' confirmed it was a 'legit MHI turbo' in the box. I never represented the turbo installed on the car as anything other than a 16G.

We agreed on a price, I performed work so it was ready to go, car was as described, then you low-balled. I wasn't interested in tire kickers or people wasting my time. Clearly you were both.

Against my better judgement I made the offer of $3,000 for just the car with DSMLink, which you needed to think about. I even waited around for you to make a final offer on just the car, which you never did.

...so now you want to argue on the internet about a car you didn't buy? That was sold for more than you were willing to pay?

Good job.

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

JCorbo25,

It's best to just ignore him. Dont let him suck you into his drama. You sold the car to a happy new owner. That's all thats important. We're not going to think any less of you based off what this guy is saying.

JCorbo25

So the 'fav turd herder troller' is saying to not feed the trolls. I like irony.

Jesus_Negros

That guy is not trolling you, he is just being an ass.

T3mp0r

Well if it means anything I was one of the people in line to buy the vehicle and when I spoke to you on the phone you were nothing but helpful and patient with all my questions. Not condescending at all imo. Glad you got it sold and congrats to the new owner!

JCorbo25

Quote:
troll
A person who, on a message forum of some type, attacks and flames other members of the forum for any of a number of reasons such as rank, previous disagreements, sex, status, ect.
A troll usually flames threads without staying on topic, unlike a "Flamer" who flames a thread because he/she disagrees with the content of the thread.

I'll just leave this here.

BAMFTalon

Really not trying to be an ass here, this is just a matter of principle. I offered 3k for car and dsmlink, and 200 for the turbo, for a grand total of 3200.

And to be perfectly honest, he was incredibly helpful and polite over the phone. Only when I showed up after driving for over an hour did he decide to turn around on me.

That is all. Sorry for calling him out. Won't do that again on this forum.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned