The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1992 Galant VR4 #912/1000 - CA - $3,000 (sunroof) ***SOLD***

JCorbo25

1992 Galant VR4 912/1000 with sunroof
5speed manual (5MT) ; AWD
Only 1,000 of these imported in 1992 and only 3,000 imported overall.
234,000 miles
Just passed smog 5/16/2014! Ready to go.
Title in hand, currently registered.

Recent Maintenance:
~60k on the engine (previous owner)
Transmission rebuilt by FFTEC 5k ago ($1,000)
Timing belt and water pump done 3k ago ($400)
Clutch replaced 5k ago ($600)
Alternator replaced 3k ago ($80)
New battery about a year ago
Tires are good
Replaced front axels
Spark plugs and wires replaced 30k ago
New ISC 10k ago
Rebuilt ECU
AC Blows Cold

Mods:
Short shifter with bushings
16G turbo (stripped bolts)
Steering wheel is brand new (installed 30k ago)
MBC set at wastegate
ACT 2100
Switchable transfer case

Interior: Decent shape, stitch coming loose on the front seat (no tears). Needs TLC, comes with some parts.
Exterior: one dog leg is off (included), couple nicks here and there. Stock rims are rashed pretty good, but tires are in good shape.

I'm selling because I don't have time to work on it.

Known issues:
Vibration on clutch engagement - it's the driveshaft carrier bushing - still drive-able
Exhaust leaks - Turbo to exhaust manifold - stripped bolt.
Idles rough when cold. - common Mitsubishi issue.

WILL NOT PART OUT, NO TIRE KICKERS

May be interested in trade for 4-door, manual transmission, daily driver (NO PROJECT CARS). Wagon/Sedan. Not really willing to put cash on top, but show me what you have.

If you don't know 4G63, DSMs, Eclipse, Talon, GST, GSX, TSI or similar Lancer Evolutions, then this may not be the car for you. It's all wheel drive turbo and a ton of fun.

Last edited:

DavsR

DON"T DO IT!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif My offer still stands if you need someone to put the turbo in and get it running for you I'm down to make it happen. Just drop it off at my place and I'll finish it up after I get off from work. You know its always going to be a love hate relationship but that's part of the fun.

prove_it

Do you have any idea how tempting it is to buy another KG, especially when mine is 915.....

Brunoboy

I'm the guy that's emailing you about Trade lol

JCorbo25

Updated with some more maintenance items that have already been addressed and more parts laying around in my garage. I'm not parting anything out until the car sells.

Again, just selling cause I don't have time (or money) to work on it and that won't change in the near future. It's been a good daily, but between working 10-12hr days (6 days a week) and medical bills it's just not a priority.

AC, PS, heater still works. ABS doesn't work. Runs and drives.

Last edited:

Brunoboy

My offer for trade is always going to be good if you decide lol

JCorbo25

Droppin' the price $500 until next weekend, then I may have some time to tinker with it.

JCorbo25

Ok, updated the ad, popped her back to mostly stock. What you see is what you get.

Added tons of pictures to my photobucket.
PhotoBucket - Lotta pictures

Parts are for sale separately in my other ads.

Jesus_Negros

Dang I need to do the blonde benz asap lol

G

Staff member
This is a clean fixer upper. I'd be all over it if I didn't already have two. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

JCorbo25

Parts in the trunk:

MORE PICS;

92_talon_awd

Can't believe you still have this, amazing looking car. If I was closer I would be all over it. GLWS!

JCorbo25

^ Yup, I have only had one person come out and check the car out. He said it was the cleanest one he has seen for sale and he's been searching for 2 years. Sadly, he still didn't see the value in it and wanted to pay $2,000... but I've had three offers in the last 48 hours on Craigslist for $2,000 sight unseen...

For anyone interested, I've taken a ton of pictures. Photobucket has most of them, but I can also send a dropbox link that has higher quality photos.

And yes, you can drive it home. Valid registration, recent smog, etc etc. I'd even wager it could make it to LA with no modifications, but would be much more pleasant if you tightened down the turbo.

coyotes

I paid 4k for mine, mostly clean and all stock with 161k. Came with extra engine and some other styff. Worth the money I think.

2k for yours is good deal for sure

Jesus_Negros

Quoting JCorbo25:
^ Yup, I have only had one person come out and check the car out. He said it was the cleanest one he has seen for sale and he's been searching for 2 years. Sadly, he still didn't see the value in it and wanted to pay $2,000... but I've had three offers in the last 48 hours on Craigslist for $2,000 sight unseen...

For anyone interested, I've taken a ton of pictures. Photobucket has most of them, but I can also send a dropbox link that has higher quality photos.

And yes, you can drive it home. Valid registration, recent smog, etc etc. I'd even wager it could make it to LA with no modifications, but would be much more pleasant if you tightened down the turbo.

If I didnt just spend 3k on a different car I would of bought this no problem. But, thats my luck!

ktmrider

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Yes I'd like to talk, sitting in SFO right now thru 6/14 with work. You ever make the Bay/Peninsula area? Otherwise the next weekend I'm open is June 1st.

Oh and if you don't have to sell please reject the $2k offers.....

Last edited:

JCorbo25

Pending sale...

BAMFTalon

umm. I didn't offer 2k. I offered 3k plus 200 for the turbo you had. You accepted 3k, but wouldn't sell the turbo. I opted not to buy mainly because there were too many unknowns, and everything was zip tied together. I also didn't feel like paying you my hard earned dollars because of the condescending/arrogant way you chose to deal with me as a potential buyer. Hope you found someone who didn't care as much as I did. GLWS...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts