The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1992 Galant VR-4 in Memphis, TN $3500 SOLD

Mac

SOLD
1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
860/1000
111,441 miles
Price: $3,500

I purchased this Galant VR-4 from a dealer in 2011. It was purchased with roughly 109,000 miles. Since buying the car, I replaced the worn out clutch and flywheel, suspension, and a few other odds and ends. Clutch and flywheel were broken in properly and all parts I replaced have roughly about 2,000 miles on them. Car is rough around the edges, but still a very solid candidate for a fun racer or daily. Paint is very rough and the car does have some dents dings, but the car never appears to have been involved in any major accidents. Interior is reasonably clean and the seats are in good shape for their age. Car runs and drives, but will need work to be reliable. Engine runs smooth and does not smoke.
Undercarriage is clean and RUST FREE. Moonroof and radio are both functional.

A/C WORKS!

I am selling because I simply do not have time for this car. I have too many other projects and very little space. If you have any questions or would like more pictures, please email me at [email protected]

Needs:
Timing belt job
Clutch pedal rebuild
Driveshaft rebuild
Tires
Front strut mounts
Radio antenna
Intermittent battery draw fixed

Mods and recently replaced parts:
OEM Shift fork
OEM throwout bearing
OEM Pivot ball
ACT 2600 clutch and pressure plate
Fidanza flywheel
Front ball joints
KYB AGX adjustable struts
H&R lowering springs
Tie rod ends
Front axles
Battery
Alignment after suspension parts installed

Parts included with sale:
Driveshaft carrier bearings
Carrier bearing spacers
Clutch pedal rebuild kit
Front strut mounts

Idle video
click

Odometer

Undercarriage

Exterior

Interior

Engine bay

VIN tags

Last edited:

89Mirageman

This should set the standard for future FS threads on here. Nothing left to question, everything is covered. Great job, nice car and good luck with the sale!

Mac

Thanks, Mirageman.

I am open to reasonable offers. I really don't want to sell, and it really bums me out, but I simply don't have the room.
I currently have a '99 F250, '96 Corolla, '91 GSX, '90 TSi AWD, '08 Bullitt, '85 944, and the GVR4. It's gotten way out of hand.

Mac

Also I forgo to mention two items in the original ad:

A/C works

There is an intermittent draw on the battery I have yet to diagnose. When the car sits, I disconnect the battery cable.

Mac

I found some old cell phone pictures taken from when I made most of the repairs

New front axles

New oil pan

One of the two new front ball joints

Clutch and flywheel parts

Missing interior trim pieces

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Price has to be in the title. Friendly heads up. Excellent job with the for sale posting by the way. So tempted, except that the CDN dollar is not worth a grain of salt right now.
The frame looks mint, the rest can readily be fixed.

Last edited:

Mac

I know someone wants a GVR4 with no rust, working A/C, and relatively low miles.

Please someone from this site buy this before I put it on CL or Tuners and sell it to some kid or some guy who thinks it's an Evo.

Last edited:

Mac

I compression tested the car today. According to my gauge, each cylinder is at 150. This car has a very healthy engine. Video of the test is linked below.

I also have pictures of each spark plug and they all look good. Please excuse the poor image quality, I only had my camera phone and it did not want to cooperate with the closeup shots.

Video
click

Last edited:
I emailed you earlier, figured I'd reply on here as well. Is the car still available? I am interested in possibly scooping this car up. Let me know, if it's still available.

Last edited:

383mazda

New owner here! Thanks again Mac for holding it until I could look at it.

I know there were a handful of other interested parties - the car is in good hands though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks again!

4G63_GSR

you bumped like 10 million old a$$ FS adds and didn't bother to read any of the responses? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts