The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1991 Vr4 602/2000 $2200.00 in TN

1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 #602 4g63T AWD turbo.
Miles:192,243
Price: $2200 OBO.
Color: flat black

I found this on craigslist a few months back, it was in not the kindest shape...I've put all kinds of new parts on it because they were in rough shape

Best way to contact me is through here

Fresh oil change on motor, new fluids in trans and tcase
replaced trans and tcase as they were locked up...
new axles up front
new inner/outer tie rods (one was bent)
new clutch master cylinder
new 3000gt vr4 slave cylinder
fresh coolant (because it had mostly water in it)

previous owner stated this was also in the car:
new XTD clutch and fidanza flywheel,OEM TOB used with new retaining clip.
new dowl pins and flywheel bolts.
New rear brake calipers both sides, New pads and rotors in the rear.
Brand new OEM gas filler neck hose .
Brand new 3 inch DP that goes into a 2.5 inch catback.
Knock sensor was replaced

Transmission: when I got the car the trans was locked up by previous owner, replaced with one I had from an eclipse

Engine: Runs good. Smokes on start up from valve seals. I put a new exhaust manifold and gasket because the last owner had a crack in it.

Exterior: JDM headlights, turn signals(old ones were blacked out by previous owner). has no rust and no big dents. the trunk and roof has some hail damage. front bumper is zip tied on due to not having the front bumper mounting bumper support. there is a hole in the middle of the trunk where I believe there was a antenna at one part of its life.

Interior: really good condition for how old this car is. Power windows,sunroof and mirrors all functions flawless. Only two things I see wrong is there is a crack in the dash. then there is a eclipse 1G steering wheel in it.

Shifter needs adjusted. shifter is sloppy.
the power steering is leaking It appears to be from the lines going to the 4WS.
I have just been driving it with out fluid

I fixed the 3 bov's this car had on it(for whatever reason) and it boosts and works fine now.(now only 2)

Last edited:

92_talon_awd

Pictures?

92_talon_awd

Last edited:

92_talon_awd

No prob man, I'm spreading the word to my mitsu head friends haha.

Clutch started slipping tonight. Don't want anyone to think I'm dishonest about anything. I'd go 2000 now. Just to offset the cost of a clutch.

misfitsnemesis

I owned the car for a good 3 years. I was the owner that tried to fix a lot of the issues and put it back to normal. new OEM knock sensor came with it. It did have all new clutch and trans bolts with dowel pin cause trans bolts kept coming lose from the owner before me not having them. Also like was stated brakes and calipers in rear was froze up so replaced with new pads. OEM gas filler neck as well the old one was dry rotted and leaking bad. The down pipe is new 1G ebay awd. The old one was destroyed at the flex spot and was stock. also know new spark plus bpr7 NGK and plug wires are knew. I did not know how the XTD was going to hold up but at the time of me deciding to go with a ebay clutch they was getting decent enough review. the car ran amazing engine wise minus the valve seals on first start up. There was slop in the shifter since I bought the car. The car should have had a 2G manifold with it. The original 1g one was cracked all to hell. The power steering is just as you said it leaked cause the line to the rear 4ws. The 3 BOV I could not tell you It was like that when I got it. I was going to redo the piping. Just like the paint the guy I got it off of flat blacked it and did a shitty half ass job. Sad part is the paint under it was only a little faded and looked good when they brought it down to TN cant recall where but the car is belize green. Im also guessing it had a antenna at some point in the trunk cause the hole is in the middle. only other problem I had out of it was on heavy heavy rain it would leak in the back floor board a little. I cleaned the sunroof drains and it never did it again. I did all the work for the new repairs there should be receipts in the glove box I gave with the owner I sold it to for all the stuff I ordered. It was a great car and never left me stranded. I had 5 1g dsm prior to the GVR4. Only reason I sold was I got an amazing deal on a 2JZGTE swapped Gs300.

I will tell anyone that gets this car I have another front bumper cover for a vr4 That you can have if you come get it in Kingsport TN. I do not have the support though. but it has most of all the tabs and stuff like that has a small crack in bottom of it.

Last I heard of the car was it was on craigslist.org in Knoxville with trans broke in it. then until and friend messaging me asking me about #378 last night I have not been on here since I sold it. But was wondering if it was on here. Glad I looked and could shed some light on the work and such. Glad to see people are still trying with #602. If i had room and the wife would not murder me I would come get it back.

Last edited:
I actually sold it shortly after making this post to a local dsm guy and from there it's exchanged hands a few times - the trans being broke this is the first I've heard of that. I talked to a guy on facebook the other day actually who has it now and he said he daily's it and said the trans put in when I had it is still in it haha. he hasn't done much to the car he said but it still runs everyday. so I am glad of that. Your friend who called yesterday wouldn't happen to be Wesley would it? Because I was just asked about the EXACT same car last night haha.

misfitsnemesis

No im saying the trans was ripped out before you put one in it was last I heard glad it went to another dsm guy. Yeah i know wesley he said he was looking at number 371 I think cause he asked if it was my old one. That is when I got on here to see if I could find out if its been posted and bam there it was lol.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts