The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1991 Montero RS $300 obo, Oak Harbor, WA

raptorWagon

I'll just list it all together, but should you need parts let me know, because if it doesn't sell as a whole for someone's personal parts car, I will part it the f*** out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

It has a tweaked frame from the previous owner, as I confirmed when I swapped in the complete rear end with suspension from my blue LS (LSD rear) along with the front diff and axles, lower control arms, swaybars.

It doesn't run currently, as it doesn't have a ecu anymore and I took off the belts to get to removing the lower timing cover (replacement cover is inside vehicle), supposedly had a rebuilt top end, but I think they just swapped heads out since the right head has a leaking cam seal.

the AW2 auto trans had engagement issues from neutral to drive, it feels like the stop is non-existent, thus it took shifting to 2nd then back for drive to engage.

It does have newer shocks on it that are still in good shape, the spare dash, timing cover, and right headlight grill are laying inside the rig. There is no backseat.

Cosmetically it isn't too bad, the right front fender it bent at the corner, left side, I threw a blue fender on since the old one was beat enough it was pinching the door. Has a straight front bumper now, right rear door needs a new latch mechanism (it barely works) replaced the tailgate lock cylinder and the clips to allow the door to function correctly (previous owner broke the clips when he removed the original lock cylinder.

and lastly, as I said it before it doesn't have a ECU. Doesn't have a battery and you need to bring your own wheels, because I'm going to be throwing it on stock wheels without tires, so I can pull my 32" setup off for my newly acquired 89 with a straight frame.

if you want parts, shipping is from 98277.

11vmxl5.jpg

w04952.jpg

vwrfow.jpg

s3j52q.jpg

n4hy00.jpg

106fos0.jpg

5ofihd.jpg

better shot of the spare dash and console
2lv1yec.jpg

xo19pw.jpg

Last edited:

VR4Scott

Got an LSD rear diff? What ratio?

MellowVR4

Do you have an extra suspension seat? trying to install one of those on the passenger side lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

raptorWagon

It's just the RS, no suspension seat. LSD rear came out of my blue LS. This thing didn't even have the triple gauge cluster (inclinometer etc)

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts