The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1991 Galant VR4 Marshalltown, IA $2500 obo 708/2000

1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 AWD 5speed summit white.

Number 708 of 2000 built in 1991. Clean title on hand and ready to go.

Good:
MANY receipts
Lots of new parts:
Rebuilt Motor 20,000ish Miles ago
New Clutch
Aftermarket wheels
New fuel pump
New Fuel lab fuel pressure regulator
Manual boost Controller
K&N air filter
2.5" Turbo back exhaust
Interior in good shape for age
14B turbo
Boost Gauge
No rust

Bad:
Has some front end damage, it was backed into by a larger truck and the hood latch broke so hood has some minor creases and hood pins. Have a new front grill insert, but not installed. Driver seat has a seam separating. Driver side mirror cracked.

Would make an awesome rallyX/autoX/Daily Driver car. Runs great but is starting to show its age. Absolutely no rust underneath the car anywhere. The gauge cluster in the car is out of another car and states 238,000ish miles, not sure on actual mileage.

Previous owner had issues with idle hunting and that has been resolved.

We have baby #3 coming and my wife says its time to start slimming down the project list and focusing on one or 2 prime targets, and this one takes the back burner. I have LOTS of extra parts that I have accumulated over the time period that I have owned the car and they will go with if you want them. I have an entire good spare long block, extra stock 14B turbo, extra transmission (needs rebuilt) and transfer case and lots of little extra stuff.

I'm pretty serious on the or best offer, but I won't take $1500... I love the car, but I'm not gonna have time to give it lots of love. I'm going to start working on body stuff as time goes on if it doesn't sell remotely quickly.

click

Here is the posting from the previous owner when it was listed on here. I installed a used transmission from a 1991 Laser RS AWD. I also put in new front main seals (and timing belts etc) when the seal failed. Also put in the fuel pump and pressure regulator, as well as the K&N air filter. Previous owner had an el cheapo boost controller, I bought a nice XS manual boost controller.

The car is very clean except the hood the corners of the front fenders. I would suspect the fenders can probably be straightened, but it will need a new hood if someone wants it to be beautiful again...

I also have the timing belt cover replaced, and I forgot to mention the Optima red top batter as well.

Puertorican22

Can you get more pictures? I'm in Colorado I would consider having it shipped to me if I can find someone to go take a look at it. I need more pictures though.

I'll work on getting some high res images then. I'll take them tonight. If you want send me a PM and I'll give you my cell number and I can text you pics as she sits in the parking lot here at work, waiting to be driven home.

I also forgot to mention it has the symborski shifter kit, and I completely adjusted all of the cables and what not when I installed the used trans. Shifting feels MUCH better!

ktmrider

Make sure to get pics posted ASAP else the mods will delete your thread...

I'm very interested... I'm in Central IL so a drive there and back would be nothing, and I could get out there pretty soon.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts