The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1991 Galant VR-4 #282/2000 $1000 OBO. Not running. Not title, but can get

flee89

Hello all. I don't know much about the car. It was given to me several years ago, but never got it to run. The car was originally from Minnesota so the bottom of the car is rusty. I never got the car to run because the 4WS got too rusty and leaked. Never had the time to replace or take out the 4WS so it stayed sun dried in my yard for years.

The Bad:
Not running
Lost title, but can try to get a replacement
Car color has faded
Leaked & rusty 4WS
Super Rusty under car
Top of car is damaged from outside rain
Front window is cracked
Some rust on the body
Probably other stuff haven't checked
Would honestly cost some good money to fix the whole thing.

Was planning to just salvage the car, but thought someone could use it as part out project. OR if someone is interested in restoring the whole car, I could try to get the title for you. I can get some more photos for you if interested.

Located in Inola, OK, 25 mins east of Tulsa, OK

- New Photos Added 10/4/2021 (under car photos)

click

Last edited:

lowcashleblanc

Would also pick up if I had a truck and trailer, I’m only 11 hours from you. My lady would kill me if I tried acquiring this from you. Good luck with sale

Edit: sending you a PM.

Last edited:

ktmrider

Any pics of the rust underneath? Would be a help for those looking maybe to restore.

Last ad I could find from 2012. FS ad 2012

flee89

Also I couldn't open the hood to get photos of the engine. The hood lever doesn't seem to work right now. If someone knows a way to manually open the hood lever, I could try to open the hood and get some photos. Thanks.

JNR

Pull off the grill and reach behind the hood latch assy., there is a little lever. When facing the car, it will be on the right side at back. You can't see it jist looking at it, but can probably see it with a mirror, or feel it with your hand.

Afterward, spray some lube on the exposed part of the cable, and move it back and forth. Hopefully it'd be enough to free it and the inside handle/lever will work again.

Had this hapoen on mine awhile back and so far it is still working fine. IIRC, used some PB blaster and lithium spray grease. They make specific cable lube spray, or a bike chain lube should work.

PizdaSi

Pretty sure this is my car that was stolen from me by a guy named Mario in Yukon, OK. I probably still have the title somewhere, but never got it transferred to my name as it was at his shop to get some work done. I got it from South Dakota, and it was way rustier than I initially thought.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts