The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: #1653 1991 Galant VR-4, Woodbury , MN SOLD

thompstone

Well, after 10 years a unfortunate occurance has happened and its time to let my galant go.

What happened was a small deer ran in front of the car and decided their life wanted to end on the hood and fender of my GVR4. I'm not going to fix it anymore so its time to let it go.

So on to the good stuff. All the aftermarket equipement was installed either by myself or LSE performance MN (Which is recently out of business). I got the car with 100K on it and it has 160K on it now, so not many miles in my ownership time.

Whiteline Sportline Springs (If I remember the model correctly)
KYB Struts and Shocks
Kazara Rims with 225/45/16 Yokohama ES1000 Tires. They have about 10,000 miles on them
3 Inch Turbo Back Mofagus Exhaust, installed back in 2002. It has a cat so its not that loud.
550 RC Injectors
Keydriver Chip and Capped ECU set up for the currect mods
2nd GEN MAF and intake tube
EVOIII 16G , still boosts excellent
Rear Steering Blocked off. The rear lines were leaking so I removed them.
EVOIII Exhaust Manifold
Ported O2 Sensor Housing
ACT 2600 Clutch
Converted the high lamps to HID
Custom FMIC with custom piping with HKS (I believe) Adjustable BOV
Custom Manual Boost Controller
S-AFC II Installed last Spring, Tuned the car to 235.9 WHP on a Dynojet
Recently replaced the Valve cover and Valve Cover Gasket
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
Timing belt/ Waterpump was replaced at 130K
Dash Lighting Works in both colors
Factory JDM Hood with vents.
The Battery has been relocated to the trunk.
Fresh Optima Red Top Battery, just installed before the deer met its end.
I had the car custom painted with a custom metalic paint 4 years ago. It almost looks like the green and then it will look black in other lighting.

I think that is all, I might be missing something.

*edit* A-Pillar mounted Boost Guage and Air/Fuel Meter
The Bad

Rust : Not so much on the exterior body, but under the car its rusty. Its been in Minnesota its entire life. I've not driven it for half of the time I've owned it in the snow because I had the car repainted.

Leaks: It does have some leaks from the engine, I'm not 100% sure if its the front cover or something else. I had the engine out of the car 5 years ago and resealed it at that time. The compression was excellent then.

Lifter Tick : It does have the lifter tick issue as well as the idle bob when cold unless its at idle. I had the block off plate to fix that issue but its been misplaced so I just let it warm up so I didn't have to be annoyed with the bobbing.

Deer Impact: The Deer dented the hood, and drivers side fender. The Headlamp assembly on the drivers side will need to be replaced, though the low beam HID bulb still works.

Interior : The interior is still in good shape based on the age. If I was going to keep it I would get a new steering wheel as the leather is flaking good.

Trunk and Gas Release: Both are broken. The trunk I open by pulling the cable under the back seat. My brother had the key for the trunk but lost it. The release lever broke off next to the drivers seat, as did the fuel release. I just use a key in the lock and wiggle it open. The fuel door has been that way for 8 years because it really didn't bug me.

The car is in good running condition. I had it set at 17-18PSI and it was doing that until I hit the deer. The tube behind the air filter came off so it wasn't building pressure after the impact. Once I reconnected the tube it was fine again, so I consider it to be a driveable car. Still I very much recommend flat beding the car instead of driving it as the headlamp is well, broken.

Its the one on the left in that picture. That was last summer at the cookout.

That is the damage the deer did.

I will get some more pictures posted tomorrow sometime. For the quickest answers you can email me at my work. [email protected]. No, I do not sell cars through work, I work in the service dept /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I hate to finally let the car go, but I just don't have the time to fix it when I have and Evo and 3K that I'm toying with as well.

If you have any questions please don't hesistate to ask, I really want to get the car gone before the snow flies. Currently its located at my work so if you want to look at it let me know.

Ryan

** Edit** I'm also throwing in a set of 272/272 Intake and Exhaust cams, I don't remember the brand though. Also including a set of RC 750Cc injectors. I was planning on installing both items in the spring.

***Edit*** I forgot two things just because I don't think about them. One is that the E-brake does not work, hasn't in 8 years. The Anti-Lock brake light is on because I pulled the relay for an ice event last winter with the Audi Quattro club. I just never replaced it as I like driving with out anti-lock. I'm also going to throw in the stock rims that have Winter Tires mounted on them. They have about 6,000 miles on them.

Last edited:

hmm how much would it cost to ship to nyc i wonder. im assuming since u didnt mention it the a/c is not working.

thompstone

The a/c is functional. I believe there was a leak at an oring. I was actually going to recharge it as it has been converted over to r134, I didn't drive the vehicle much this year but last summer the a/c worked awesome.

The heat works really well too, almost too well.

Sorry, I forgot to mention the a/c. I can recharge the system if the buyer would like, but like I said it was working fine in 2007 and right now it works its just not as cool as I like.

Shipping to new york, I'm not sure. It cost me 650 to ship a M3 a few years ago to California.

thompstone

Its a custom FMIC. I don't remember what brand it is, but it was an custom job I bought from someone from here years ago. It works pretty well, I had to cut out the bumper to make it fit. I don't remember the core size. but it takes up a good part of the front end.

I'll get more pictures up, I just haven't had a chance to go and take them.

Last edited:

trying to see if another deal i have falls through. if it does i might be taking this car. more pix are appriciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thompstone

Quoting dsmer06:
Do you still know the paint code?

No, I do not. It was a custom mixture of a couple different kinds of GM paints with metal flake added to the mix. Of course now I wish I did have a paint code.

muaythaimike

I just checked out the car today, it drives really good. good luck with the sale, also a really nice guy good luck ryan.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned