The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Front wheel bearings

Lancer99

I havent done them yet but it looks like there pressed in? It looks like I would need two oil seals, snap ring and the wheel bearing, well double that for both sides. Hubs look fine as long as they come out easy. Anyone know where I can get these parts?

pot

Staff member
Below is a link Terry Posten posted which covers everything you'll need. You may be able to save some dough using Rocket Auto too. For the technical aspects of removal/installation, I believe Terry also did a write up however I absolutely suck at the search function.

Click

89Mirageman

I'll be doing this on my Summit wagon here shortly, same overall process though. Also you can get the bearings on ebay cheaper than Rockauto, I paid $34 shipped for the pair and around $20 shipped for all 4 seals. Also search for "Jafromobile" on youtube. He shows you how to do it on some colt/summit/expo knuckles but its the same as a dsm/gvr4. Also you reuse the oem snap ring, no need to replace it.

Vr4junkie

Try Rockauto or AutohausAZ theses guys usually sell cheap parts and of good brands I been using Rockauto for a while and just started using AutohausAZ and there perrty good.

GSX_TC

Oreillys sells the front wheel bearings and wheel seals for pretty cheap, in fact BPU925 on here is fixing to buy those this friday with my discount and spending like 20 something bucks Lol

G

Staff member
Quoting Lancer99:
I havent done them yet but it looks like there pressed in? It looks like I would need two oil seals, snap ring and the wheel bearing, well double that for both sides. Hubs look fine as long as they come out easy. Anyone know where I can get these parts?

How about Mitsubishi? JNZ?

AWDPower

I just did mine. I was suprised how much my local machine shops charged to press in the new bearings. I decided to spend the money on a press instead, and bought a 12 ton press from Harbor Freight. I figured that since I was doing the bushings and ball joints at the same time, the press would pay for itself the first time I used it. Pressing out the old bearings was a pain in the ass. A few times I wished that I had just paid the machine shop. It took a lot longer then I expected, mostly figuring out ways to support the irregular shaped knuckles suppored and level in the press. I ended up buying a lenght of thick angle iron from the hardware store and cutting it into lengths to make supports. The snap rings were also a pain to reinstall until I drilled proper holes in them.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts