The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Front wheel bearing questions.

boostedinaz

1101 needs wheels bearings from what I can tell....noise doesn't change with braking, turning, and is consistant in volume with vehicle speed.

I have been looking for bearings and see that only one is used on each side. Is that correct? I have never done them on a DSM/GVR4 but most cars have an inner and outer bearing but I am not finding anything unless they are the same bearing inside and out.

Any tips for doing this? I have access to a press and have a good size 2 prong gear puller so tools shouldn't be an issue.

BrandonEchols

Just one bearing on each side - inner and outer seals and you're pretty good to go. Not a hard job.
I had them pressed on and just did the seals and install myself since I don't have access to a proper press.

Edited because I remembered the proper way of things.

Last edited:

89Mirageman

One bearing for each side. Also go to youtube and search for jafromobile. He recently replaced the bearings on some summit wagon front knuckles for his colt, He has a ton of videos but you should be able to weed them out and find the one on bearing replacement. While this is for the summit, the gvr4 process is identical.

boostedinaz

Good to know.

I was having a heck of a time finding the bearings because they all were labeled "inner" but I could never find an outer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Looks like I'll be ordering up some parts pretty soon and getting things in order.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

89Mirageman

Be sure to order inner and outer seals too.

Last edited:

vr4play

Also I am a fan of the koyo bearings because the races come out and you can lube them with the grease of your choice. I normally use redline wheel bearing grease. Most of the other brands have some kind of plastic ring inside holding the two races together. Also with the koyo bearings you can replace wheel studs without ruining the bearing.

89Mirageman

Yeah he's a cool guy for sure. I'll just search his name on Youtube from time to time just to see what he's uploaded. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

boostedinaz

His vid did make more sense of the whole thing. I'll be ordering parts today and will hopefully have them this weekend.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts