The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

front turn signal aren't working need help..

Hi yall this is in reference to 1439/2000 I've been busy rebuilding the car for the last six months getting her road worthy but I've come to this problem of the
front turn signals not working, as received the car had no front turn signals in the sockets, just empty pigtails which are assumed to be for the front turn signals / marker lights as I see no other wires to connect a bulb to so I've put a socket on these wires colored green/white + a black wire

1 they work as marker lights just fine when the headlights are on
2 rear turn signals work fine but blink fast
3 car has jdm front bumper
4 high / low beams work fine
5 jdm fogs function perfect
6 relays + fuses are good

any suggestions on this? is there a jdm bumper install that addresses this that I missed? I tried searching but didn't really find any useful info

any help is much appreciated as I'm pretty stumped!
Thank you

14u2nV

The corner lights are NOT turn signals unless they have been rewired. Our cars have the turns in the bumper.

It has a jdm front bumper, I figured most people who did this convert the front marker lights to turn signals some how, but the marker lights I have are a
dual filament bulb that was in the housing when I got the car and another single filament bulb that I put in today both housed in that corner light assembly,
the dual filament being under the amber portion, single filament being under the larger clear portion.
I found they are made to function on a circuit built into the housing itself, so wires would only run to the first bulb, and the other getting power from the circuit, are they both supposed to flash as the indicator / hazard or just the single filament when the indicator / hazard is activated? are they both supposed to act as running lights when the headlights are on or just the the one under the amber portion?

14u2nV

What you are describing sounds like the stock corners, if so then if you converted them to flashers, both would flash, and neither would be a marker anymore. It would take three wires to do that. Maybe, since your plug is cut off, there is another one down inside that they used. Or maybe it had other corner lights, and they swapped them back before you got it. Some pix might help

7 jdm fog lights are currently wired to come on with the low beam head lights and go off when the high beams are on this is both the projector and the inner fog light

What colors are the wires going to the turn signals?

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts