The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Front sway bar direction?

onesickcrx

I looked all over the forum last night couldnt find a clear picture of front the sway bar installed. I just want to know if the big bump in the middle of the sway bar faces up or down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Thanks

onesickcrx

Thanks been a long time since my cars been put back together. I now installed the new sway bar and control arms and steering rack just needed this info so it would be easyer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pot

Staff member
Thats ironic as I was installing my Whiteline 22mm front bar last night too. Granted I had the stocker to use as reference as far as that bump was concerned but what threw me off was that the manufacturer placed the sticker upside down. So when I went to install my transfer case I kept hitting that damn bump.

At the moment I'm having trouble on the drivers side swaybar bracket. I had to use a longer bolt in order to thread the bracket in. Guess I'll reattack in the evening.

onesickcrx

Yea both my front and rear bars stickers were both upside down. I just switched my rack and not having the old rack or sway bar made me think I was doing it wrong... but I had it in all correct no sway bar links install or control arms didn't help the look of it much lol

1941Galant

I just did my 22mm whiteline bar and end links last week, the brackets were kind of a PITA to get in, I just used a little force and pushed them down until I could get the bolts in. By the way, remember to put some grease on the inside of the bushings.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned