The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Front Subframe Bushings Question

atc250r

Staff member
Can one of you that have done the Energy Suspension front subframe bushings answer this question for me? Does the bushings for the front crossmember come with the kit? I'm talking about the crossmember that the front motor mount (by the radiator) attaches to. The pics I've found only show three pairs of bushings and the front subframe has six bushings on it so I'm guessing that they don't give you the bushings for the very front. When I click on the instructions pdf on ES's site it doesn't work so I can't get the answer that way either.

John

christo

I don't think so. But you can use the smaller set that comes with it on the front cross member.

Talon060.jpg

atc250r

Staff member
Thanks. I broke down and looked on DSMTuners which sent me to where I should have looked in the first place which was the VFAQ. The VFAQ article says the same thing as you did. The kit comes with all the parts to do the front subframe but not the crossmember. It also said that if you take the smaller bushings from the subframe kit they will fit in the front crossmember. I have the bushings here somewhere, tomorrow mornings mission is to find where the hell they are. Once I find them I'll order up another kit so I can do the front crossmember as well. When I pulled the crossmember out I found it had a pretty good kink in it. Yet another surprise the the previous owner failed to mention. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

John

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned