The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Front end bushings

manikbastrd

Maybe this should be in tech, but I felt pretty newb asking so here goes. What are all the bushings in the front called? I know there are sway end links (1 per side), inner and outer lower control arm bushings(2 per side), and a set of uppers (1 per side), and there are also some subframe bushings (Not sure on location or amount).

Not sure really which are which, especially on the subframe bushings, so I figure I would ask. I am going to replace all that I can and need to make sure I am buying all the right parts. I have my guesses as to what they are, but no idea where to find what I need...

Thanks in advance!

slugsgomoo

the lower control arm outer is a ball joint, not a bushing, the rear is best swapped with the whiteline +1* caster bushing in my opinion:

whiteline_installed.jpg

Unfortunately I don't remember what all of them are anymore, it's been a while.

Wookalar

There are four in the front subframe. I Drilled holes at 12, 3, 6 and 9 and then used a air saw to cut them out. After powder coating the subframe I replaced the spent bushings with poly bushings I got from JNZ.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned