The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Front and rear bumpers

gijoe985

So, I bought my vr4 with some minor body damage. I may want to get some new bumpers. Anyone know of a good source? Info on our cars is definitely slim compared to other vehicles. Like- Will a non vr4 Galant be the same? Is ours different because it is the JDM version? Are there any aftermarket bumpers available?

I'd like it to look stock, but I'm open to other options.

prove_it

You need to learn to search. There are hundreds of past threads, also browse through the readers ride to see other options.

LIV4PSI

VR4 bumpers are different than non VR4 bumpers. JDM bumpers are different too. Classifieds and EBay are probably your best bet, maybe Craigslist if you get lucky and find someone local.

jnava

Staff member
Hope you ready to drop some coin on some JDM bumpers. They can be had cheaply if someone in the states is selling them. Otherwise, you will have to pay a hefty shipping charge from Malaysia.

raptorWagon

Quoting gijoe985:
So, I bought my vr4 with some minor body damage. I may want to get some new bumpers. Anyone know of a good source? Info on our cars is definitely slim compared to other vehicles. Like- Will a non vr4 Galant be the same? Is ours different because it is the JDM version? Are there any aftermarket bumpers available?

I'd like it to look stock, but I'm open to other options.

Lol, ours is JDM? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif, all 6th gen galants are from Japan, however these cars were built to meet US safety standards when it came things like our bumpers. JDM bumpers have a smaller and built in core that is apart of the skeleton of the bumper cover, our USDM Galants on the other hand have a nice big steel piece for a bumper and yes you will have to remove it to fit the JDM bumper.

A '93 Galant LS bumper would fit the best, the other bumpers won't work well with a FMIC, the LS bumper looks like our stock one but without the cutouts for fog lights. I won't even go into that last question you have there, that's pure blasphemy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif.

Cost of bumpers
JDM bumpers around $400-500 not including shipping (Ebay shipping is going to be another $200+) or fog lights (anywhere from $150-250) which are dependent on whether you get a Pre-facelift(87-89) or Facelift bumper(89.10 onwards).
AMG Galant Bumpers = Easily $2k a piece. If you don't know what the AMG Galant is I suggest you Google it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts