The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fpr affects gas mileage?

Brunoboy

Let's say running my 880cc on a 2g at 43.5 psi on an fpr flows the full 880cc and our 37.5 psi flows more like a 840cc correct? So if I turn my fpr up to 43.5 to get the full potential out of the injectors will it affect gas mileage? I am using ecmlink V3 btw to tune.
-shane

stevep

Not if you retune (or at least change the injector global correctly) for the new fuel pressure. It shouldn't make any difference unless the injectors weren't working correctly at the lower base pressure. Then you might see better gas mileage at the higher base setting.

Brunoboy

Oh ok thanks.
-shane

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned