The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FP RED or FP GREEN?????

uncleben4rice

eah everyone needs a 350 AWHP at 5K to really prove how awesome they are. Since it's a Mustang dynop I'll give you say 400 AWHP. My buddy here in AZ had a 16G car on a stock 7 bolt short block, cams, FMIC, E85, etc... In AZ he made 378 AWHP and had a MUCH MUCH better power curve.

How much boost 20psi if so that's nice
oh on E85 awesome!!

you prick, I said 91 pump at 20 psi!!! 361 to the wheels. Hell I plan to pick up another 100hp to the wheel on E85.

Brianawd

Quote:
,brian, I cant believe how easy it was to pull them in this time. How many times have we argued big turbo vs small?

I'm not knocking your big turbo sh*t. I was just giving the person that started this thread some ides.

If I was trying to start sh*t with you I would have posted up my Dyno sheet along with my time slips and vid to prove what a well set up smaller turbo can do. Then I would have asked you to do the same thing. Funny thing is we all know what a 35r car can do. You keep reminding us but yet you never post up a time slip or vid of your car doing what a 35r car should do.

Oh and whats the deal with you always pulling the whole I will meet you in the middle to race. If you car is indeed faster just post up a time slip or vid proving it. Its that easy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4thStroke

Because that way he can say he called someone out and they bitched out.

uncleben, did you really only trap 104mph with the 35R? Why have you not turned up the boost?

A well prepped 16G car vs an average 16G car will yield huge differences. My car made 430whp on the 16G, where others have a tough time making 400whp.

You can't do what uncleben did and slap on a big turbo and expect it to go fast, because clearly, his method has not worked.

Last edited:

toybreaker

iconoclast
Guys, just let it go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Just ignore him, and he'll go away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4thStroke

We are just trying to show other members that asshatery is not taken lightly around here. Who knows, we may have saved a few. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

toybreaker

iconoclast
I hear ya, but anybody that takes him seriously had a lot more to worry about than his factual "creativity"

In fact, I like to hear folks like him talk cars.

I learned what cams to run in my rx-7 from a guy like him /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

uncleben4rice

4stroke-Dude I drive my car everyday to work, the car wont live if Im on 25psi 91 PISS GAS all day in the commute. I have a stage 3 TRE tranny with the twin disk. and it barely holds on. I will post some super times later this year. No biggie, My next move is to upgrade to E85 and try to get safe power that way. 91 pump is not the way to showcase 35r power. I drove to the track and that was actually the worst pass of the day. I run 12.4 at 108...91 pump at 21psi...The 35r likes go go juice and MORE BOOST.. Im going to pump it up to 27-28 psi this summer just to see what the car does. then d-tune it again for daily use. You guys are correct, you don't need big turbos to go faster. But big turbos make up for so many other things that are LACKING IN MY LIFE... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

toybreaker

iconoclast
post the vid when you do it.

.. till then, how about you do more wrenching and less typing? ...

thanks!

uncleben4rice

Comon yall know yall like the drama when the rooms get quiet. Who brings it harder than me -turbo wop -and brainAWD I mean Brian. I will still race any of you. Cause yall know my car is the shiznit.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

4thStroke

I don't care if you drive it to work. My car is a driver as well, QM twin, stock tranny, with the 30R making 440whp. We only have 92oct here, not a whole lot better, but it does account for something, I realize that. You can get away with a lot more than 28psi on ethanol, why not run more boost? Your tranny and clutch will hold fine. You scared?

uncleben has a small wiener. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Muskrat

All I see is a lot of e-peen measuring going on, and not a lot of technical discussion. Can we get back on topic or drop this thread? Please?

Boostdtalon

Quoting uncleben4rice:
Thats the old spirit..Bench race and take names. I live my life a quarter mile at a time...

Ok Dominic Torreto take it over to anything goes if you want to continue being an E thug and giving absolutely no useful info, other than you have a 35R and make the same as most with 16G's. Its been seen time and time again that you are good for nothing other than running your mouth. You remind of most the supra guys that have a huge turbo and run 12's. Not at all impressive. Yes cali gas sucks balls and is horrible for making power. No I won't race you on the streets or the strip. Sorry I don't care for drag racing, I prefer road courses. Be a contributing part of this community or shut up. If I wanted to read through useless info I'll go onto tooners.

brisvr4

Quoting uncleben4rice:
click

I can do this too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Clicky

50 trim and a stock motor with a self built box! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Sorry for getting way off topic too guys!

uncleben4rice

Wow another E85 car.

When I was a 4G63/Turbo Noob, I ask the turbo question on this site and was told I could run big numbers on a s16g. They forgot to mention you need race gas or e85 or meth. Or you gotta tune the thing by rocket science. You guys are so clicky. My upgrade path has proven street reliability. I run about 24,000 miles a year as my commuter. Go and buy your small little turbo and run the piss out of it. I prefer the big turbo, let it do all the work. Don't hate the Uncle for his preference. Now as for all of you who think my car or I am a joke ask the NOR-CAL guys and they will tell you. I am not a joke and my cars is fast. And no its not a quarter mile car, its a fun little sleeper. And for your information DSMtuners is a much better site for information. 20psi pump gas. Not e85 or race gas running at 30psi dumb asses.

Question: Can you make 350hp to the wheels pump gas with a 16g at 20psi?
Answer: fcuk NO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

SleepinGVR4

Quoting uncleben4rice:
And for your information DSMtuners is a much better site for information.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Riiight.

onesickcrx

Quoting uncleben4rice:

Well I did it with 21psi at 7500 rpm..... pump gas too.... but at 4,000rpm it was 28psi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif got to love that internal gate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

boostedinaz

Quoting SleepinGVR4:
Quoting uncleben4rice:
And for your information DSMtuners is a much better site for information.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Riiight.

Think about his general demeanor and mindset, then compare that to the typical Tuners member......see a correlation, I do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

thecman02

To the original poster. Go with a green. I sometimes have buyers remorse for having a "bigger" turbo. Yes its a rocket ship, yes it makes big power, yes it gets great gas mileage, but having boost a half second quicker around an autocross course is priceless.

RedTwo

Quoting uncleben4rice:
Wow another E85 car.

Can you run a respectable time with 350 WHP?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts