The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FP DSM manifold coating

GVR-4

What do you guys recommend for coating the Forced Performance exhaust manifold? Swain seems like the best option, but it would be expensive, plus they don't coat the inside.

Discuss...

Last edited:

cheekychimp

I am actually getting an FP manifold coated at FFWD in the next few weeks so I can let you know how that turns out. Darren is also getting a new coating process started for the inside of the manifold runners, he asked if I was interested in doing that as well. I'm still waiting on pricing for that though, he said he would let me know when my manifold arrives so I can update you on that when I get a price.

LIV4PSI

I had my FP race manifold coated by FP and I wasn't impressed. The manifold turned a rusty brown color really fast, it looked horrible. The coating wasn't very durable and came off what I perceived as quickly. I have never used Swaintech, so I can't compare yet, but I will be trying them next time.

tsiboy

bought mine during the BF sale. It should come in the mail tomorrow. I'm also interested in a good and affordable place to get it coated.

SleepinGVR4

Well maybe someone should contact FFWD and see about a group discount? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I've had other stuff ceramic coated in the past at a local place. I wasn't to happy with the way it turned out.

So I'm leaning towards trying something different. I like the fact that FFWD has a 2 stage exhaust coating, an insulation barrier and a heat barrier. And now Paul mentioned that they are thinking about doing a coating on the inside of the runners too. I'm interested.

BrandonEchols

Quoting SleepinGVR4:
Well maybe someone should contact FFWD and see about a group discount?

I've had other stuff ceramic coated in the past at a local place. I wasn't to happy with the way it turned out.

So I'm leaning towards trying something different. I like the fact that FFWD has a 2 stage exhaust coating, an insulation barrier and a heat barrier. And now Paul mentioned that they are thinking about doing a coating on the inside of the runners too. I'm interested.

This.

cobrajetguy

I am in for the 2 stage coating at FFWD and will be sending in my O2 housing and turbine housing with the manifold. If we could work a deal that would be cool.

Peter

desant78

I'd be in for group buy

throughfaith323

I got my FP manifold and my FP Green Turbine housing coated by Darren (FFWD)and they came out BEAUTIFUL!!!! They are bolted up to my motor, but I wont have any real feedback before you guys get your stuff done.

BrandonEchols

I'm not ready to have anything done just yet, but I have multiple pieces I'd like to have a quality coat done on in the future.
I'm thinking if we could have them give us a standing discount - like some other places offer to certain groups - because as a group, over time, they will see a lot of business from us - that would be awesome.

SleepinGVR4

They're talking about the Jet Hot 2000 coating vs swaintech.

Do you think FFWD's CGB-1000 is a Jet Hot 2000 coating?

I've read other forums that said they've had their swaintech flake off.

Here's one

But it sounded like he had a used product coated not a new one and that was his problem.

turboaddict

Are you guys going for looks or function? I got my fp manifold coated with the black coating from fp that lasted maybe a month. I bought a jmf heatshield. this help a bit. I then bought a thermo-tec manifold blanket. I covered the manifold and turbo and put the jmf shield on top of that. This is the best set up for keeping in heat by far. I run the crap out of my car(highway pulls back to back to where when I pull over you car read by the light comming off my exhaust manifold at night with out the blanket and shield)
Every 3 or 4 years you need to replace the thermo-tec, I bought the V8 option and had a backup to begin with.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts