The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FP Black?

GSTwithPSI

Forced Performance is having a sale on these at what seems to be an great price. Although my car won't be making near the numbers needed to feed this beast anytime soon, I was thinking of picking on up for a rainy day while the price is so low.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions on this turbo?

donniekak

Unless you are going to make at least 500whp with that turbo, you'll hate spooling at 5,000 Rpms. But, if you plan on running 30+ psi, it's well worth it. I have a billet red on my talon and love it.

jnava

Staff member
please tell me you didn't see it on my fb post.

Jesus_Negros

Wondering... this could work out in a v8 swap + turbo with tight space.

prove_it

sh*t, I'd buy up that 20g with manifold for under 900 bucks instead. You can still get 450whp out of it. Hell of a deal right there.

KiNgMaRtY

Its a popular Evo turbo and people make between 400-750hp. Just depends how much you want to push it. As mentioned, for the spool time,its only worth it if you are shooting for big numbers

Egalloway

That is a killer deal on the 20g. Being realistic unless you plan on e85 or race gas 110 or so, you'll never really benefit with the black. (Meth kits not included in that statement) The 20g gives you best of both worlds, cost and results, as stated realistic upper limit 20g is 425-450 right in line with 93 oct gas and 2.0 liter with a safe tune.
Still a good deal though for that kind of power potential.

prove_it

The manifold alone is worth 300, so yea a brand new oem 20G for 550, yea. I'm trying to find the cash right now. lol.

Haven't seen a 20G or 16G for under 1000 clams in years now.

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

Killer deal for the 20g. Makes me wish I had a dsm or gvr4 so I can buy it.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting prove_it:
The manifold alone is worth 300, so yea a brand new oem 20G for 450, yea. I'm trying to find the cash right now. lol.

I'm not following? The MHI 20G and FP Manifold package is $849 + another $50 if you want the hardware kit included. So take off $325 ($275 for the manifold, $50 for the hardware kit) and that's still $575 for the turbo. The turbo alone lists for $539, so I guess the other $35 bucks is for gaskets. Where'd you get $450?

Edit: You must have changed your post while I was replying. Nvmd. I just want to know where to get a 20G for $450.

Last edited:

prove_it

Yea I changed it, I realized the hardware is not included.

When did you see the 05 20G with 8cm housing and downward comp cover for 539?

Last edited:

ApexHunter

The 20G alone ships with a 10cm T3 housing. You can add FP's 8cm DSM footprint housing for $175 which ships loose.

The offer w/ the manifold ships with their DSM housing. Seems like they remove the T3 and install the DSM TH.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting prove_it:
Yea I changed it, I realized the hardware is not included.

When did you see the 05 20G with 8cm housing and downward comp cover for 539?

Yep, ApexHunter beat me to it. $539 is for the 10cm housing. Add $175 for any flavor of the 8cm DSM housing. The 20G uses a TDO5 turbine wheel, so you could just use a 16G 7cm housing if you had one laying around. Not sure how well that'd work as far as turbo performance goes, but it's an option.

I didn't realize the package deal ships with a DSM turbine housing. That makes more sense, as I was wondering how that was even a good deal when you could buy everything separate for pretty much the same cost as the items combined in the package. Guess you end up getting the DSM housing pretty much free with the deal.

Last edited:

prove_it

Yea, it's an almost bolt on turbo set-up. It has the downward facing comp cover. I would rather have a FP green, so I'm trying to talk myself out of this deal. I already have a FP race manifold, so I can sell that.

I wish the 68hta would go up for sale at 750 like it did last year.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts