The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Found in scrap yard #?/1000

dustyduff

Shaun: Would you mind checking on the 92' tail lights if nobody has claimed them yet. I'd be interested in taking them depending on their condition/price shipped to 08051. Hopefully there are no cracks and the VR4 emblem isn't completed faded. I appreciate you taking the time to help everyone out. Depending on the price shipped, I could possibly throw you some extra cash for your time/troubles. Thanks in advace.

CSMShaun

The tail lights are in perfect condition with zero fading or cracks. Those, however, are going on my '91 BG. Sorry man!

dustyduff

No worries brother!!! Figured it was worth a shot. Thanks for stepping up and helping everyone out though!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

WiSu

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif
very sad to see.

you have been pm'd.

CSMShaun

Went to pull parts from this car and found it sitting in the crunch pile already smashed. I am sure this was done intentionally as it was the only car from the area in which it had been placed that was taken to the crusher. It had also only been sitting for less than a month. Of course the guys at the yard play stupid; or maybe they really are.

1qkfwd

That's just to bad. But I guess the more that get crunched, it brings the value up on the ones currently driving around.

CSMShaun

Nope. For whatever reason these cars hold no value. I have the original sales receipt from my GVR4 and in 1991 it was bought new for less than $19,000. Depreciation over the course of 20 years coupled with milage in excess of 150,000 and you have a $1,500 car according to Kelly Blue Book if it is in "GOOD" condition. With 10,000 miles KBB estimates the car's value around $3,100 for "GOOD" condition and $3,300 for "EXCELLENT".

1qkfwd

KBB is just for guidelines. You can get whatever the street value is. It seems that the more I see up for sale the more money they are starting to bring. Its like this I had a 91 chevy I bought for like $4000. I wrecked it and it only booked for $3500 at the time. Street value at that time was $5500 to $6500 so I ended up getting a nice check for $6000 and got to keep the truck. Thats not the only time ive seen cars go for what they blue book for.

2of9

KBB is a guideline but alot of people use it just because it's a guideline. I don't think guidelines will show you true value to a car. Imagine finding the Moon Diamond Pearl version of the GVR4; unmolested, no rust, no oil leaks, no rust (yeah, no rust!), low mileage(give or take 30k-45k miles), bone stock, etc, everything working, literally out of the showroom condition, drives like it came of the lot. ALL original parts...how much would you sell it for? KBB.

1qkfwd

I would pay more for a car like that. You may never find another one like it.

DR1665

KBB/NADA & your insurance carrier's "independent, third party valuation service" are all subject to the same rule.

GARBAGE IN = GARBAGE OUT.

All base their figures on reported sales of models by dealers and auctions (and, in some cases, AutoTrader.com). These cars are not traded in and sold as used cars (and rarely show up on AutoTrader), therefore, KBB/NADA and the insurance carrier's "independent, third party valuation service" are incapable of determining actual replacement value. Period.

If people who bought or sold their cars on this forum would take 30 seconds to update the FS thread with the final selling/purchase price, we'd have a water-tight, bullet-proof way of proving what these cars are actually worth. We should just start telling new owners to send their VIN to iceman and bump the FS thread with their purchase price.

Chase

Wish I was closer, I need the hood and trunk. Are the mirrors the power ones? I need the drivers side.

CSMShaun

Quoting CSMShaun:
Went to pull parts from this car and found it sitting in the crunch pile already smashed.quote]

Not available. Car was crushed.

CSMShaun

Quoting 1qkfwd:
I would pay more for a car like that. You may never find another one like it.

But you are an enthusiast. When you deal with insurance companies the standard procedure is to base pay-out and value figures NOT on what an enthusiast of a certain vehicle would pay, but on what the car is said to be worth by the institutions that monitor this. If you are paid more than what a vehicle is said to be worth then you are very lucky.

1qkfwd

This is true. If we get our cars apraised is there a slight chance of getting them covered for what there worth?

CSMShaun

They would with this car since it was not a confiscation by the city. It would not ahve come with a title and I would have had to sign a notarized document stating I would not attempt to contact the previous owner to transfer ownership or attempt to license the vehicle. They also wanted an amount of money that would make it worthwhile to sell it to me. I passed on it. I already have too many cars and this GVR4 had rot on the underside from sitting in mud for an unknown amount of time.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned