The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

For those using AFCO rear UCA

mr.mitsu

This is what I have

I've read the bushings are too big to fit in stock location

How much do I need to take off for them to fit?

Thanks

tektic

Do you own a caliper? No offense but, stick your head under there and measure it!

edit: In the case that you don't own one HF sells a plastic one for $2

Last edited:

GotInsulin

click
Check that out.

Cliffs: Each bushing is 45mm, and together they will need to be trimmed to 50mm overall.

mr.mitsu

I'm a millwright. I think I have and know how to use more precision tools that you probably do, no offense lol

All I needed was a measurement. That's what I thought these forums were for. For sharing out experience to help others.

CutlassJim

I ran these style arms upper and lower for about a year and those heim joints didn't last one winter without turning into balls of rust.

manikbastrd

Quoting mr.mitsu:
I'm a millwright. I think I have and know how to use more precision tools that you probably do, no offense lol

All I needed was a measurement. That's what I thought these forums were for. For sharing out experience to help others.

Damn guuurl you got suurved

mr.mitsu

After much research I've decided to ditch the "metal on metal" helm joints. Going to try the QA1 Teflon lined versions.

curtis

When you get them make sure you buy the ones with the pressed in bearings so in a few years you can just buy new bearings and not the whole heim joint.

mr.mitsu

Thanks for the tip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Any idea where to get the bushings (spacers)?
Other than making them myself?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned