The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FMIC question

jnava

Staff member
I have seen various fmic installs and found that some pics have the bumper support completely gone. Does a complete removal of the bumper support create issues with installing the bumper back in place? I have a full Greddy FMIC 18R for a 2g which includes uicp licp, jpipe, and the fmic kit. It seems like it would work but the intercooler cold side is around 7 inches wide...Should i just sell and go for an ets?

AnotherNewb

What I do is cut the support to fit the ic but I leave the strip at the top with all the studs so the bumper cover doesn't sag.

BluFalcon

I've seen a few GVR-4's that removed the support bar for a FMIC install, and they all looked pretty bad IMO. You're going to have to cut the support for pretty much any FMIC install, but the trick is to remove just enough material to clear the core. I had to remove the boxed section of the support when I installed my ETS kit, but I made sure to leave plenty of material to maintain as much structural integrity to the support. Some guys will remove so much material from the support, that it doesn't even prevent the cover from sagging.

fastfalcon94

I left about 1/4" of the vertical sides so you get more support. Otherwise the strip at the top would be more prone to flexing. Here's a pic.

23.jpg

Nabeel

Had to cut only the lower side of the bracket. Give space to the intercooler & save some weight.

jnava

Staff member
I just woke up and tried to find some measuring tape but no luck, here's the horrible reference point on the intercooler.
IMAG0010.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned