The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Flaring tool

xaisomboun

So I just went to napa to get tools for my brake line replacement and the dudes over the counter supposedly sold me the right double flaring tool. I checked over the box and no where did it say it was a double flaring tool nor did it have the anvils in it..

I insisted for them to check and recheck to see if they gave me the right one but ALL the employees said it was a double flaring tool..

So am I missing something here?? Can you really double flare without the anvils or am I just dealing with a bunch of dummies at napa?! In that case I would be the dummy.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

MellowVR4

Whats the part number thats on the box.

tektic

If no extra piece for second flare, Single flare tool...
Try to get the pre flared pieces in stainless. Hand tools don't make pretty flares with sutch a hard metal.

MellowVR4

Quoting xaisomboun:
Its from Evercraft Service Tools and the part # is

776-9069

Yeah thats not the right kit, the kit that has the dies is 7769167, They are the idiots lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts