The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

First Time Build from Maryland

Number996

As of Friday Justice Racing has the stock pistons and rods with supposedly Nippon rings. I'm expecting a call from Jim at Justice on Monday to inform me on condition of those parts and what they're going to do with the block.

I did my homework on the HKS VPC. I'm amazed at the ignorance of the previous owner. The condition of the engine could all have been avoided with the use of a wide band Fuel/Air Gauge. Which is being ordered this week.

^haha No, GTG: Get Together
Would be cool to see some fellow dsm'ers - seeing one on the road might keep some of us from losing hope! =P

Number996

Oh don't lose hope. Never lose hope

Whatsup guys?! Haven't been on here in months but to keep everyone updated:

- engine is bored out to 85.5mm with balance shaft delete, new ross pistons, eagle rods, clevite bearings as well as copper ringed.
- cylinder head is bc cams, springs, retainers, titanium lifters
- all has been assembled and timed with new water pump and belts
- new stock oem galant ecu bench tested by ecmlink
- no name 24x12x3 front mount
- rebuilt evo3 16g turbo

I'm waiting on a block dowel bushing/sleeve that gets in tomorrow then im assembling everything tomorrow night/saturday

Planning on going eprom ecu/ecmlink/speed density after the break in with much larger than stock injectors

More Pics coming soon!

thecman02

I think there was a post about it a long time ago, but someone was saying frontier fender flares are pretty damn close to what is needed.

Number996

Here's a link to the vr4;
click

Can't decide if I should continue this thread with further upgrades, or start a new one.

If any of you local/mid-atlantic boys want to get together this summer, PM me. I'm definitely doing AWDFest in OC, MD this summer.

desant78

continue this thread! It's cool see how far cars come from, especially now that your enter the fun parts of the build /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Number996

Updates and Pictures!

- boost controller and tuned for 15lb
- Wideband FrontO2 simulation
- HID Headlights
- Deleted Cat for 3'' Test pipe

Number996

New wheels and first trophy!

Wheels are 16x7.5 CCW's with e100 yoko's

Trophy was for runner up in sleeper class!

GSX_TC

Congrats on the first trophy man

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned