The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

finally boosted over 5200rpm

mikus

so I've been cleaning up this guy for fun and to learn link. Compressor surge over 20psi turned into a roadblock though, and the wastegate was sprung above that so I haven't boosted over maybe 5200rpm since I bought it.

I finished a round of work tonight in which I resprung the WG, and just boosted up to 7000rpm - man that feels good, even at a lowish psi. Now I can move forward, and eventually try to work/tune that surge out. WG open dump sounds mean, never had one before.

Just wanted to share cuz I'm pretty hyped, and as usual the wife don't care :p yup.

GSX_TC

its good to have a best friend around for times like these to enjoy with, because they would of prob helped out and actually appreciated it afterwards too. but hey sometimes you get those very rare girls that are like that aswell haha. but anyways glad to hear that about your car man.

conquesttsi

Nice congrats. I love the feeling of accomplishment you get after figuring out a difficult issue and successfully fixing it!

Galactica

I am looking forward to that feeling after getting the timing belt and all components related replaced. My wife won't care either.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

AnotherNewb

I had just finished putting an exhaust on my 2g when I looked at my roomate (not a car guy) and said, "This will be the first start with my new exhaust on!" His reply, "Thats cool" and walks inside /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Congrats on your forward progress...

GSX_TC

god, no offense to your room mate man, but geez what the hell!! i would of been like hell yeah wait for me! How could anybody not be interested in stuff like that, I'll never understand

Last edited:

Galactica

It's like wipin' before you poop, it just doesn't make sense.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

GSX_TC

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

mikus

look closer - those people have spare cash, spare time, supple unscarred hand skin of a singular color. It's understandable.

I only have two close friends left that 'care about' cars & wrenching. Get old, priorities shift...

vtecds1

Congrats!!! Last week, my 12 yr old son was the first person other than myself to feel the car pushed to 24psi after 6yrs. I really wish I had a camcorder set up as his face expression was priceless... That same night, I drove the car to get some liquor with my wife and her niece(20) and nephew(21). They were making fun of me at first because the car stalled a couple of times coming to a stop, but as soon as I hit it on 2nd...all I could her was "ohhhhh sh*t!!!!" and can "I drive it?".

GSX_TC

you are soo lucky man, i cant wait to be a father someday..

Galactica

It's so awesome being a father man. My boy is 4 and every time we take the car out, he asks me "Daddy, can we go on the twisties??" And after that it's "Daddy, can we go to Malibu Grand Prix?" He's a car nut through and through. Always wants to help me turn wrenches. I wouldn't have it any other way!

GSX_TC

dam man your living only what i dream of someday. take these times and cherish them man. they are precious moments.

prove_it

My 6 year old is used to 300whp. Doesn't even faze him anymore, he just sits there and smiles. I like it. Soon he'll be used to 400whp. Hopefully he'll make a great driver someday.

GSX_TC

i would kill to have what yall have man.

Galactica

Thanks man. I consider myself very fortunate. The only drawback is a guy needs to be independently wealthy to afford preschool AND still work on your cars the way you'd like to.... I swear to you, I could lease a Ferrari or this car for the price of his preschool: This is me at a private Lexus event in a brand new LF-A. That car sounded like a beautiful symphony at 9000 RPM's....

GSX_TC

haha Nice! that car does sound pretty dam sexy

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned