The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Finally after a year...

ducttapeguy

My galant might be fixed in a week or so. After trusting a guy to do a bit of work and basically getting screwed I broke down and took the VR4 to STM in Rchester. Its probably gonna be expensive to fix, but Im tired of waiting around and hearing next week, next week, next week. I have owned this galant for a little over a year and I have driven it for about a month. Maybe if Im lucky I will get to drive it for a couple of weeks before I deploy. Anyway, I just wanted to share my frustrations and possible joy. Ill update when I know more.

Tyler

pot

Staff member
If anything, then maybe this experience will convince you to take the FSM and VFAQ archive with you on your next deployment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Where upon return, you can get to wrenching and apply that knowledge. If you want it done right you got to do it yourself.

moidsm1

Yea man, The only time things are done right is when you do them yourself. I learned myself, I bought an old General Automotive engine book from a yard sale and read the whole thing, then when I got a chance to finally work on a car I knew what alot of it was. Then I ended up buying a broken Might Max with a 2.0 G63b motor. It had a blown HG so I used the service manual to replace that head. Since then Ive been doing everything on my own!

Whoodoo

I think I might have driven your car more than you have /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Lets hope all goes well at STM

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts