The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fidanza or DSS axles?

The inner and outer CV joints on both sides in front are all worn out and needs to be replaced..

I was looking on extremepsi.com for some axles and there are 2 different brands there, Fidanza and DSS.

Fidanza, front left.

Fidanza, front right.

DSS axles

Now, are these remans or brand new ones? And are these a complete set with shaft and inner and outer CV joints, or only shaft or CV joints?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Looks like the complete assembly to me based on the pictures.

Doesn't mention anything about reman either.

dmj

I brought brought a brand new passenger side axle from advance for $80.00, made in China though and were in stock.

Rausch

^^ Quote:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

dmj

I'm bad, missed that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It would be cool if these axles are NEW (no reman) WITH the inner and outer CV joints. Which of these brands do you recommend? Something tells me that the DSS axles are better than Fidanza axles, but they maybe share the same quality? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

it says on the adds for them that the DSS ones supposedly can handle 650 hp while the fidanzas clearly state they are up to 300 hp. I would go with the DSS axles

KT

raxles

Another option for you.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

+1 on Raxles

gtluke

I'm pretty sure most 9 second mitsu's are on stock front axles. they are hardly used on launch. Just get the $50 stock replacements.

I could buy the CV joints that I need, but since both the inner and outer joints are trash, I might as well buy complete units for both sides.. I would love to buy from satan but he takes 500-700 usd for each complete axle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I allways had bad luck with the remans, not on this car but on my other cars.. and it's not because of my way of driving /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Thats why I don't wanna use remans, it isn't that fun to change the axles..

It seems that raxle uses new CV joints on their axles! Someone that know how much they cost for FL and FR? Good quality?

iLLeffeKt vr-4

So go with Raxles.

Dialcaliper

"New CV's" means they were rebuilt with all new bearings and seals, and possibly new bearing yokes on the old axles rather than the original ones. Often re-man just means they took it apart, cleaned everything, maybe replaced *some* of the bearings only if they were completely shot, and then reassembled them with new boots and grease.

The stock front axles are already quite beefy, and are made of heat treated 4130 chromoly from the factory. The DSS axles are made of 300M and are really only for very very serious vehicles. Even they use re-heat treated factory CV's. The fidanza axles I'm slightly skeptical of. They're probably just fine, but the strength increase is likely somewhat marginal since our axles are already solid bars (not hollow tubes like some cars), and our outer CV's are already made of decent chromoly instead of plain steel.

They may be slightly better, and guaranteed new parts, but the money could be better spent on some Raxles and other parts elsewhere, since we do not have the wimpy steel pipe axles found on many cars.

Quoting Mr_Wolfy:
I could buy the CV joints that I need, but since both the inner and outer joints are trash, I might as well buy complete units for both sides.. I would love to buy from satan but he takes 500-700 usd for each complete axle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I allways had bad luck with the remans, not on this car but on my other cars.. and it's not because of my way of driving /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Thats why I don't wanna use remans, it isn't that fun to change the axles..

It seems that raxle uses new CV joints on their axles! Someone that know how much they cost for FL and FR? Good quality?

CP

Never had a problem with Raxles on my car.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts