The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FIAV block off ??

dsmless

I have tried to find the passageway to plug up, i searched here but no luck and i found a good pic on tuners but for some reason I should of saved it but i didnt so any one know of it, ?

brisvr4

Here you go. Look at the very last post, pretty easy to do. Watch out for the screw heads though, they are very soft and strip easily! I replaced mine with allen head bolts.
Fiav

Last edited:

SmoothCustomer

Huh? You know it's a plate right? It's just the lower part of the throttle body. I think it's the part that has water lines coming off of it iirc.

belize1334

The above image shows the lower half once separated. Steps are as follows...

1) Remove TB

2) Remove the 5 screws which connect the lower half of the TB. If they strip then drill them out and then remove with vice-grips once the TB is separated.

3) If blocking both the FIAV and ISC then you can toss the lower half and just slap the block-off-plate on with some rtv. If you're just blocking FIAV and leaving the ISC intact then you have to bolt the lower half back on using the plate in a "sandwich" fashion.

Adorsey

throttlebodys.com for both types of plates.
+1for Steve, very good guy.

dsmless

Thanks for all the help, I just ended up bypassing the FIAV by removing the freeze plug on one side and using a pair of needle nose pliers to screw the adjusting nut until it "bottomed" out on the valve seat, then just filled the rest of the passage with high temp rtv and banged the freeze plug back in waited for an hour for the rtv to set and tuned the car on, it does require me to press the throttle for like ten seconds and then it will idle fine, adjusted idle at 950 with AC on and 850 regular idle, very happy with this mod sould of done it sooner, the best thing is that I didn't even separate the throttle body just popped the freeze plug off, know one question
1) what do you have your TPS sensor set at at idle? Mines at 12%, is this to high or.......

Adorsey

The HZ? or.... are you using a palm? or link?

dsmless

Im using a palm and TPS says 8.9% MAF 25hz at 1187 idle

speedyvr4

wow that seems like high idle for such low hertz. are you compensating with anything? afc? maft?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts