The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FEELER: WTT/Sell 1992 GMC Typhoon (V6, AWD, Turbo) $6000 St. Louis, MO

bustedsm

Looking to possibly sell or trade my 1992 GMC Typhoon for another VR4 (Summit White).

Good:
Starts and runs everyday
Transmission shifts as if it were brand new
Interior is in decent shape
New plugs, disty, and wires
Retrofit HID setup
Moates full tuning software (Code $59)
Autometer ES Wideband
VDO Boost gauge
New oil pump and main bearings (~10k on them)

Bad:
It smokes, not sure what it is burning but it does
Needs tires
A little rough around the edges
Brakes are giving me some problems, unsure why though
Some suspension parts from the previous owner are messed up
From axles need new boots
E-brake cables are torn from rogue towel in the road
~230,000 miles (ODO broken since 16x,xxx)
Pics:
IMAGE_105.jpg

DSC_2249.jpg

DSC_2248.jpg

DSC_2245.jpg

Engine_Bay.jpg

DSC_2008.jpg

DSC_1640.jpg

DSC_1642.jpg

DSC_1644.jpg

DSC_1645.jpg

DSC_1646.jpg

DSC_1647.jpg

DSC_1648.jpg

Interest me with some offers, I think moving out of this platform for now until I can get a really good job would be best for me right now. I hate to sell/trade it, but I think that the time has come!

$6000 obo!

Last edited:

Leon_R

How is rust?

bustedsm

As for the rust, the worst part is on the back end of the roof there is a 2x3" piece missing that can be replaced with sheet metal. There is some surface rust on some of the fenders where the cladding over 20 years has rubbed through the paint along with a bit on the frame. Honestly, nothing that couldn't be taken care of for pretty cheap. If only I had the time and money I would!

bustedsm

Forgot, added some stuff to the "good" section. Tuning software, wideband, boost gauge....that stuff!

turbojew

id be ALL OVER this if it didnt have 230k+ on the clock lol

bustedsm

Quoting turbojew:
id be ALL OVER this if it didnt have 230k+ on the clock lol

Hah, yeah. Like I said, the truck runs great and starts up every time. I don't worry about the whole 230k+ on the clock thing every time I drive it. Once it gets a set of tires, some front suspension/steering parts, and maybe even a little refresh (forgot to add, I replaced the oil pump and main bearings about 10k ago) then it'll run for another 200k+.

Launch

Have a few white gvr4 and a soft spot for 700r4 with an external transfer case. Pm me, lets see what we can do

JNR

That thing is pretty rough, but should make a good project for somebody...Hopefully somebody can buy it and resurrect it, as they sure are neat vehicles you don't see all the time. Had a Syclone when it was still pretty new and do miss having to sell it and can imagine the Typhoon being similar in many ways.

bustedsm

Quoting Sam:
PM me with a good selling price

I have one listed in the title and first post. I can emtertain offers as well!

EMX5636

GLWS or trade. I've always like these (more of a Sy fan, but both are awesome). I almost traded my GVR4 for a clean 80k mile Syclone a couple years back. I would offer you mine, but you would need to come up with a bunch of cash, because of the overall condition. It's not the mileage that scares me, it's because it needs almost every piece of cladding replaced, and seats. All of which are getting harder to come by.

These will always be my favorite trucks though, but my C3 is a close second (and big younger brother).

Hope you can either get what you want out of this, or a cool VR4 to replace it!

Ill come today you will take $4000 cash $ thank or do $3100 and a 99 cavalier 2 door runs good and good shape

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts