The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FEELER: Possible headliner group buy (update installed)

Nijasan

Keep in mind that if you want manual belts (eventually) you need a different headliner, as ours doesn't quite come down far enough on the sides.

Also, the oh sh*t handles really help keep the headliner in place. It'll sag without 'em. Although you could just screw some type of clip in place to perform the same task.

Well I think with the boards' shipping woes recently the best option would most likely be for the buyers to just suck it up and pay for good shipping. Big, heavily-packed & bulky boxes that might cost a lot to ship, but whatever.

Gordian79

I bought a headliner for my volvo wagon and shipping was about $60.It took awhile(8 days) as it came by truck freight.

toybreaker

iconoclast
Quote:
Well I think with the boards' shipping woes recently the best option would most likely be for the buyers to just suck it up and pay for good shipping. Big, heavily-packed & bulky boxes that might cost a lot to ship, but whatever.

Headliners nest/stack really well, one on top of another. If we can get several people from the same area to ship together, we can share the shipping costs, and only have to build one container for each general shipping point.

I have a couple of cores (with sunroof) that could be shipped from colorado, if that helps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

curtis

Removed the headliner today. Sorry it took so long but the tranny/clutch was the priority.

Carried over to him and put in the truck so he can take them tommorrow.

I removed the switches, visors, handholds and anything else with a screw driver first.
Then the side pieces on top and then the rear seals and then the A pillars. Becare and take your time they all come right off. Slide the liner down forward and its out throught the back doors.

As for the sunroof damn its heavy. Had to remove the side supports 4 or 5 6 mm bolts each times 4 then the wires to the motors/relay etc, 4 drain tubes then finally was able to remove it. You'll need a friend to help. It has 4 nuts in front and one on each side. Remove the front ones first then as some one help remove the sides and lower. Now the fun part the cloth covered tray has to come out. I removed the rear most screws and clips and pulled it apart as I slid it out.

He said the ring around the sunroof hole could be dipped in die or replace with a black material I'll see it tomorrow.

Here's what it looks like without it.

After I get it back I'll post some pictures, prices, etc. Also the extras you have may help a buddy out. So we down have any down time. Thanks Curtis

Not to rain on the parade.

But just about any upholstery shop will replace a headliner for pretty short money. I would look into finding a local shop before I was going to drop ~100$ on shipping alone.

Dan

curtis

These are some pictures of the materials

The last one shows a black and then an onxy which I picked for mine the black looks like a dark blue like the die that comes off a sparco wheel...(paul has heard my rant)

The other flip open books shows different colors and also types. There is an un-backed , backed and also a laser cut perferated which would be sweet for the sunroof slider but I'm probably just going with the standard stuff.

He said he buys it by the yard and it would be cheaper on everyone if he could buy a roll. Also the other color that looked good is the graphite grey that are the three large pieces on the flip open book. Unless you want pimp purple or rally red.

Anyway he was sewing up a visor for an 02 Vette that the guy had installed a garage opener into, looked really clean but was being a pain to do since the size was so thick. He hadn't called on prices for my material yet. Not sure when he'll have it done but want be long now. Its amazing how dirty it was when its flipped over so sunlight can hit it.

Picture enjoy the camera is a 6.3 meg so yo can right clip save as and enlarge to see.

I'll keep you guys informed when its done I'll post pictures of it installed. Curtis

curtis

Laser cut. I zoomed it and dropped the contrast 30 percent.

Last edited:

curtis

He had them done last Friday so it didn't take long. But since I was gone he ran them by this evening. I'll probably get them installed tonight and post pictures and prices later tonight or on Friday. This stuff turned out way better than I thought it would.

Moderators please sticky this for me.

curtis

I couldn't wait until the weekend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

I'm not going to use the the hand holds so I'll find some covers for the screws or something to fill the holes with and I'm going to paint the light sunroof switch assembly, sunroof board slider and the visor clips.

The third picture down really shows the color, the flash keeps washing out and turns it a grey color, This stuff looks just like suede in the doors.

Also for all you guys that don't have a sunroof......I HATE YOU. Those are no fun pulling out or putting in also they weigh to much.

Before anyone says anything yes I broke the a pillar on the pass side. I was going to use one of Pauls but its for a non power belt car.

Enjoy

curtis

There out of a Honda crx, everyone says there factory recaros and only weigh about 25 pounds each. I had them covered and were in the mustang for a few years I hated to see them go with the car so I built some mounts and boom cheap install.

cheekychimp

I am 100% in. No choice after seeing those pictures. This car is going to be like new.

CmanorVr4

Curtis did you die the felt trim yourself? If so what make and color dye? Jason

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts