The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FEELER: PickleX20 metal prep / rust treatment - mini group buy

mikus

I'm looking for someone to split a purchase of PickleX20 with me, maybe split a gallon or whatnot. Not trying to make any money, just trying to keep costs down by buying more than their smallest size. the cost per unit is much lower on a gallon than a pint. I'm curious to see if this stuff is as good as I've read

PickleX is an ospho-type metal prep/rust treatment you would use when doing body work and painting. It doesn't need to be rinsed for neutralization, and has some other nifty properties. Link below. If you have application questions post 'em up and I'll answer to the best of my knowledge, I've read a lot but this will be my first time using as well.

Product can be shipped.

PickleX20

CutlassJim

I might be interested. I'm welding on the chassis right now. The website looks like sh*t on my phone so let me get home to check it out. Also what are your thoughts for splitting it and getting it to both of us?

mikus

sounds good LMK. Am thinking ship to one location and that person packs it in some suitable container then ships to the other. No profits anywhere.

It's OK to ship USPS. Should put an MSDS in box and I think USPS has a "liquid" label. I might try UPS too I have great rates at work.

To be sure I've read that the "improved welding, less spatter", while true, is a little overblown. The rust management is the real sell point

mikus

had a couple inquiries - here's what this stuff goes for direct:
16oz $61 shipped
32oz $97 shipped
128oz $190 shipped

You can see where that gallon price looks tempting. I'd like to get the gallon and split that 3-4 ways, seems like the best deal - $62ish for 32oz shipped. Enough to try but not a huge commitment.

mikus

settled - I'll let it ride a few days in case anybody else is in, I had a few other inquiries - then will order, figure out shipping & touch base

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts