The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FEELER: Gauging interest in CF bits

jnava

Staff member
----^ I thought that was a nice piece but they come up so rarely..

jnava

Staff member
To make this interesting... a cf steering column. that would be cool as hell. I can send those in too. Might as well since I have a partout going.

curtis

Quoting Turbro_Negro:
Quoting citymunky:
What does being a E6 have to do with anything? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Means a lot. Hes a upstanding american citizen who should be trusted by us all duh.

Amen. Stripes with rockers aren't just handed out and if he's in Tyler's unit probably means he's 11B shootem up. Infantry in a peace time unit isn't easy and after a decade of wars all over I'm sure he's on his second or third enlistment and probably on his 4 or 12 deployment. Guys don't get a whole lot of hanging out in garrison much anymore. I'm sure he's a duty honor country type and if he was a shaming douchebag Tyler would associate with him.

Tyler you have a PM on a special project requiring your security clearance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

citymunky

I'm not in the Army but I'm a E6 and during my 10 years in I know a few Marine SSGT and First Classes I wouldn't trust as far as I can throw them.

Do you have any examples of past work?

Last edited:

EMX5636

I would be down for some carbon A and B Pillars for the manual seatbelts. I was going to get them black suede covered, but CF would be nicer. Roof skin would be t*ts too.

ducttapeguy

I also know some dirtbag E6s and E7s. This guy is not one of them. If anything I work with him daily so there will be no issues with him just falling off the face of the planet. He does that there are bigger issues...
He is lazy when it comes to updating his FB page, but he has a few pics of his work on there. clicky

I asked him about drilling into the CF pieces and he said its just like drilling metal. You can drill wherever you want and wont have any issues.

Again, just to make sure you guys understand fully. This is not a group buy and there are not going to be X amount of this or that made. Its going to be something gets ordered, something gets made. As far as I know there wont be any limited production runs of anything. If he makes a mold for it he will make pieces as they are ordered until the mold breaks. He also tells me that he uses top quality epoxy on his stuff that has a UV protectant in it that wont fade in the sun and look trashy in a year or two. We shall see.

This week I am going to be removing my A pillars, CF speaker gauge pod, single din with pocket radio bezel, and headliner trim. I will also be taking my spare hood and spare wingless trunk to him. Im thinking about seeing if he can do a BMW style lip spoiler on the trunk with space for a 3rd tail light. I dunno, I will talk with him throughout the week and see what he has to say.

Tyler

Last edited:

jnava

Staff member
I just got an interesting proposal, I have a jdm bumper. It's off the galant at this time and them boys are mighty close. Would there be any interest in a JDM CF bumper? Post up.

Edit: If there is definitely some interest, I'm willing to work with these guys.

Last edited:

ducttapeguy

Man a CF JDM front bumper would be pure sex. Naked with no paint sitting in the sun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Jesus_Negros

No one think CF interior parts are kinda um...Ricey?

jnava

Staff member
I don't know. I would love the CF speaker gauge pod that was once made. I think a wingless cf trunk.

ducttapeguy

High end European exotics have CF interiors...Italian rice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Either way, if it becomes available and you like it then why not go for it?

Chi271

In for trunk results!! I'd def. Be interested in one... Along with interior bits. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Jesus_Negros

Quoting ducttapeguy:
High end European exotics have CF interiors...Italian rice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Either way, if it becomes available and you like it then why not go for it?

Yup over-engineered 300k ars are comparable to the GVR4. I see your point I'm sorry. I figured get CF parts to help drop some pounds.

jnava

Staff member
Doesn't matter which cars have them or not. Tyler, get those parts made and we can definitely go from there.

se7enine

All race cars use carbon fiber, it's strong and light. I think it's only rice when you get into fake carbon and use it purely for looks. But most interior pieces are for looks anyways so opinions vary. I for one like the look of carbon fiber so....

GSX_TC

CF front lips /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts