The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FEELER: 92 Galant VR-4 924/1000 Belize Green WNY $5000

SmoothCustomer

So I am looking at a new project but I would have to sell the gvr4. I doubt that anything is going to happen with this new project, and I love the gvr4 so that's why it's a feeler.

Anyways...

The car is almost completely stock with 118,000 on the clock.

Mods all with less than 1k miles on them:
ARP Headstuds
Timing Belt and all components including Water Pump (Everything except water pump was stock OEM)
Head Gasket (stock oem)
Balance shafts removed properly, with stub shaft and cap installed.
Air to Oil cooler with brand new B and M super cooler and brand new ofh.
I also got a 90 water pipe and thermostat housing to avoid bothering with leaks or block offs
Biss screw replaced just this weekend and proper idle set
Dual brand Flip screen DVD player installed in stock radio location.
Homemade short shifter
Clear timing belt cover
Recently replaced plugs and wires with NGK's
New replacement radiator
K and N filter (more than 1k miles on them)
2g exhaust manifold and 02 housing
EVO 8 Oil Cap
EGR Blocked off
4ws blocked off
Black top CAS
Less than 500 miles on a new battery and remanned 75 amp alternator
Front rotors have less that 100 miles on them
Low mileage Fidanza Clutch
I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff but for now this is what I can think of.
Also includes: New cometic head gasket, fuel pump rewire, DSM Link V2, and an eprom that I cant figure out what is wrong with (the ecu in there is a turbo dsm one). COP setup that works, but breaks up at high rpm for some reason. Possibly an easy fix, I'm not sure. Also includes a DSM steering wheel and the stock gvr4 wheel. Oh, and a speaker gauge pod and curtis-spec dual gauge single din radio bezel with vr-4 etched in it. And 2 oem oil filters...
Transmission shifts nicely. Goes into 3rd a little funny sometimes, but that's about it. Has new shift fork, pivot ball, throw out bearing and shift linkage bearings.
Red line oils run in tranny, t-case and rear end.

The BAD:
Drivers fender is pretty messed up. Just a replacement is needed. Dog leg is off, but have one in pretty good condition ready to go on once fender is replaced.
Sun Visor fabric is unattached at the top of the mirror flap.
Some fairly bad rust underneath. Some body rust on drivers rear wheel well, and a tiny tiny spot on the passengers front wheel well. The stitching that is closest to the door on the rear bench is ripped. Car needs an alignment. Basically has no exhaust. Headlights are flaking. Hood has a lot of rust on the lip. Has a mischievous coolant leak around the t-stat housing. Also has a very very slow power steering leak because ATF is not in there. No front wheel well covers. One of the radiator bracket bolts is broken. Radiator fan is zip tied. AC is still in there. ABS is flaky. Drivers side wire near speed sensor needs to be properly soldered for easy fix. I think that's about it for the bad. Feel free to ask questions on this stuff though.

PRICE: Yes, that is the proper asking price. I bought the car less than a year ago for 3k and have put somewhere around 2500 into it. I am a poor college student and can not take a huge loss on this, and like I said I don't even really want or need to sell, just considering it for the right price. Also will consider trades for s12 or s13's.

I have no current pictures although the only difference from these older photos is a missing dog leg and a slightly less cluttered engine bay. The included COP setup is pictured but not installed. The timing cover is included but not pictured.

SmoothCustomer

Alright this is already going on the shelf till at least april. I might have just picked up a plethora of go fast parts for a song. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek3run.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts