The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Factory Alarm and Aftermarket Alarm Questions

I am in the process of installing an aftermarket alarm in my GVR4.

I need to know the following:

1) Did all 91 GVR4's come with factory alarms?

2) What is the precise location of the factory alarm (if there is one) and what is it integrated with (if anything)?

3) So far, I haven't been able to get the dome light to come on when disarming the alarm. I had this situation on another vehicle and it was due to there being another set of wires which were responsible for unlocking the vehicle, but also turning on the dome light.

Answers to any of these questions would be helpful.

Thanks!

chucklesas

1. All Galant VR4s came with a factory alarm.
2. The factory alarm is part of the ETACS system: click
3. The dome light is activated by the switches in each of the doors. There is a black rubber boot at the base of the doors on the pillars. You can pull the boots off and see the switches. Unscrew them and pull them out and clean them up. They tend to corrode over time.

To disable the alarm check out these threads: click and click

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned