The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Exhaust Manifold 411(T3 to TD05h/TD05 adapter)

TheDude

I was able to pick up a decent exhaust manifold for a good price.

has anyone used this adapter? if so , can you enlighten me on the things that you might have overlooked

there are some hurdles I need to clear in order to install and I know I will overlook something for damn sure.

The adapter will drop the turbo and everything connected to it at least 3 inches. which will lead to the stock waste gate hitting the front motor mount.

img.php

img.php

Imback

That's an Ebay header that's going to crack and with using that adapter your creating a lot of unnessercery headache for yourself. There are no gain's to be had by using that manifold. Just use either a 2g/evo 3 manifold and be done with it. You can also buy a FP manifold if you want something newer.

lowcashleblanc

Bad ideas on the adapter and manifold. The adapter adds new failure points as well as the manifold.

Do it right the first time. Get a FP manifold and use its corresponding flanged turbo. If you’re dead set on using a turbo that is not of the TD05 or T25 flanged variety, then find someone who can make you a proper manifold. I’m sure there are a few speed shops still operating in the US that can still build 1g manifolds.

Last edited:

slugsgomoo

^^^what they all said

This is the kind of part that's great for preparing you to part out the car out of frustration.

Unless that's what you're looking for, in which case, go for it.

TheDude

after taking a second look and then a third, this manifold won't even work, Even if I had the brainpower to deal with the headache and a bunch of $, NOPE.

So with that being said....

Anyone want to buy a manifold?

hahhahahahaaa

raptorWagon

your local dumpster will take it free of charge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

TheDude

I think I am going to plant some sunflowers in it out back/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

TheDude

Quoting diambo4life:
I can sell you a nice T4 manifold for $450 shipped. Message me.

This will lead to me wanting MUCH, MUCH more
I wish I had the dough dude$

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts