The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Exhaust coupler: Torca clamps

5OF2k

Hello all!

I've used these in the past: click but could've SWORN they came in the typical 2", 2.5", 2.75", 3.0" etc flavors....? Since its been YEARS since I've ordered or used them, taking a random shot in the dark on here in case you peoples know.

Was curious if any of you could specify/clarify for me, as well as what was the best place nowadays to buy these clamps, and Vband clamps.

This is about all I need to get the T67 on the car, and haveing trouble finding them locally as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks in advance fellas!

-Jake

EHmotorsports

Might check out Columbia river Mandel benders. If they don't have a listing online give them a call.
click

boostedinaz

I would just go with a Vband. Much easier and seals much better. If you search around there are some made that have a small flange machines into one side and a groove in the other. They keep they perfectly aligned and add another seal point. Worth the extra price IMO.

JNR

Interesting they don't list 3"...maybe they're out of stock...I have some on my 3" exhaust, fwiw, so I know they make them...exhaust is tubing, so the OD is the size, so that's strange they don't list a lot of the common sizes.

5OF2k

Yea, after a little more digging around i found a couple other options in a couple other places, but theyre for the different OD/ID type piping rather than 3"-3". Ill check out the links though!

Boosted: i dont feel the vbands are necessary, or practical for my setup at the moment. For one, im looking to weld as little as possible, for two, ill need something that i can take apart quickly/easily when at the track to replace the tcases im likely going to grenade with the T67, welded center, 4bolt and slicks/antilag. Ive also never had a problem with them sealing, either...?

Again, appreciate the link!

-Jake

rdomeck

I am able to get those through my local Carquest store. I have a handful of them on the shelf for 3" and I think they only ran about $9 each. They have been doing great on my car the last 7500 miles. You can also try a semi truck repair place. They may have something that small......

5OF2k

Hmm, alright. I didnt even think of calling carquest. Ill have to look into that. Thanks!

-Jake

EHmotorsports

the V bands are very easy to take apart. reason i will be running them on my galant when the HX is installed.

5OF2k

Yea, theyre definitely easier thanthe standard flange/bolt delio, but i just prefer these joints, personally.

-Jake

EHmotorsports

just like my dad always used to say. "More then one way to skin a Cat" haha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5OF2k

YES!! My dad said that too, except it had something to do with a spoon and a hampster....i dont recall exactly...?

se7enine

Summit Racing has some clamps not just Summit brand but others as well. Some under $10. We have a Summit locally here and that's where I get most of my exhaust stuff, pipes, mufflers, cats, etc.

click

5OF2k

Excellent, thanks fellas! I'll give them a shout!

-Jake

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts