The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Excessive oil in i/c piping after cam/spring install

Barnes

Quoting BoostedAWD91:
There has to be oil in there still from the 16G i had on which was blowing oil.

I'm thinking we have a winner here. Let us know what you find out.

BoostedAWD91

i found alittle bit of oil in the intercooler, probably like a 1/4 of a quart worth but hard to say exactly how much. I completly flushed out all the tubes and got all the oil out of it to where its spotless. After taking all the pipes off Saturday and cleaning out the UICP which took alittle while it seems to have gotten better. I drove it a few miles home Satruday and then drove a few miles back to the garage yesterday to pull the intercooler amd it didnt have any puddles in the bov. Im gonna take it out tomrrow and do some hard pulls to get to see if its still clear of oil and should be good to go. Stupid knockoff evo3 16g's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts