The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evo9 MAF compatibly

acook

Hey guys. I’m looking at an evo9 MAF but I can’t seem to find anything related to the conversion past an evo8 MAF. I assume 7-9 gems are the same but I just wanted to make sure before purchasing.
Thanks

Eztoril

Is there a reason you want a evo 9 maf vs an evo 8? I use an evo8 maf since I'm using the evo ecu which makes things easier for me but wouldn't have upgraded from the 2g maf if I didn't go with the evo ecu. Do you have a way of correcting the maf size with some sort of tuning solution?

I would check the part numbers on both evo 8 and 9 ecu to see if they are different.

The evo mafs are smaller so you may need a new filter, coupler, clamps etc....

Iceman is the guy to get your 1g to evo maf adapter. Bought both my 2g and evo maf adapters from him.

Last edited:

acook

I just came across an evo9 for sale is the reasoning. I plan on running a v3link with bigger injectors and know that one of fellow members makes adaptors for the evo maf, just couldn’t find anything on the evo9

Eztoril

You could email ecmlink and ask them if there is a way to make it work. I went to their site and tried to configure a gvr4 ecu ecmlink setup and evo 9 maf is not available as a choice. That tells me it's not supported yet or it probably will never be if they haven't added it by now.

I would personally put that cash towards link 1st before changing maf, injectors etc.

Last edited:

raptorWagon

If you are going V3 link, you might as well get the adapter harness w/ map and iat sensors and go Speed Density.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Evo 8 and 9 should be the same, p/n MR578399. Check the p/n with the seller.

ECMtuning probably doesn't list 9 since it is the same are much rarer.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts