The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

evo3 install

vr4hotness

ive search but i want to make sure

what parts are needed to install a

evo3 turbo

evo3 manifold

evo3 02 housing

i have all the gaskets and that is all.

can i use the stock j-pipes off the 14b for coolant and oil lines

Barnes

Do you have an aftermarket downpipe? You need either a downpipe designed for the Evo3 O2 housing, or modify your existing downpipe. Also, whatever intake pipe you have *might* be too small, but I can't remember how much bigger the Evo3 compressor inlet is. It might not be so much as to require a different intake. Other than that, everything else should work.

SouthCaliVR4

you should replace your oil feed line & may wish to consider a new oil return as well. Otherwise a evo3 16g bolts in just as the fact one did.

using the evo 3 o2 housing will require some slotting of the downpipe flange holes to bolt up proper.

2of9

it's optional to remove the radiator. you WILL have alot more room to play with if you remove your radiator. Switching out the turbos was actually very easy. The first time I did it, it took my brother and I 5 hours, easily 3 if we didn't run into some small issues.

fuel

might hit the ECU imposed boost cut around 17-18psi.

3rdstrikedsm

Quoting vr4hotness:
Sweet thanks, last? Can I run 20psi with 550injectors & fuel pump

With ease.

vr4hotness

update, since i had tubular manifold, the evo3 manifold had longer bolts but all the places are closed so tommrow after work ill be back at it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts