The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evo suspension lowering springs ?

asmo

Right now I have evo8 struts with swift springs, it rides pretty good but I want to go a little lower.
The swifts list they drop evo's 1.4 front drop .9 rear mine sits slightly higher in the rear with a small rake.
I think its just over a inch lower in the front than stock and my rear is maybe half inch lower.
So Im thinking about the evo megan springs they drop evo's 2.0 front and 1.9 rear
so this should put me a half inch lower in the front and a inch lower rear right? or am I wrong.
I guess that is a huge drop for an evo, but no one on evom and other sites has them they all have threads bashing megan and warning against them.
are the megan springs that bad? and will they kill the struts fast being that low?
or should I just get them and try them out.

here is a pic of how mine sits now

130665-0-0-0.jpg

128047-0-0-0.jpg

Last edited:

broxma

I used 1G AGX's with Evo 8/9 Sprint front springs and a chopped stock rear spring. Compensated with a big Whiteline rear sway bar. there should be a picture of my old car around here. I'll try and find it.

/brox

asmo

The spring rates are similar but the swifts are progressive.

MEGAN ------ --------- SWIFT
FRONT SPRINGS---- ----FRONT SPRINGS
2.0" DROP---- ------- 1.4" DROP
280 LBS---- --------179-269 LBS

REAR SPRINGS---- ---- REAR SPRINGS
1.9" DROP ---- ------.9" DROP
250 LBS----- ------ 157-314 LBS

I ordered the megans today Ill try them out and post up results.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned