The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evo seats

With the price of EvoIX seats approaching ridiculous has anyone found a viable alternative that will bolt in with
little or no modifications save for some of those nice brackets that were made for the Evo seats by Curtis that I have....
I have been looking at some S2000 or rsx type R seats and just wondering.....

Last edited by a moderator:

You can get the blk/blue Evo seats & dye them black or have them re-upholstered. Either of these options will still be under the cost of the Evo 9 seats.

Muskrat

Evo seats are basically just Recaro Sport seats. Any car that has those should, in theory, work. If I remember right, curtis's brackets require you to drill the mounting holes anyway, so slight differences in the sliders could be accounted for. It may be possible to make them work with other brands of seats too, but don't quote me on that.

Brunoboy

Evo Seats ARE Recaro Sports.

curtis

I designed them with evo seats in mind but I really bet any seat would work or could be used on what I built. The only holes left undone was the front up and down so each buyer could set to there confort level. As for modifying them you could simply place an aluminum square tube from side to side in the front and use seats with narrower rails By drilling holes in that bar and different holes or slots in the rear.

Garfield sorry I should have specified leather or leather/suede seats but keep the comments coming.......

gtluke

I wouldn't buy evo seats again. Mine are all completely broken. They still function but the bolsters are all cracked off because they are crap plastic. They still look fine, but if you get up close behind them or grab a bolster and push it you can tell it's broken. It's a common EVO problem.
Tip: don't EVER reach for something in your back seat if you have EVO seats.

citymunky

^ ill trade you for my stock seats

I will agree with Luke. The Recaro seats are far inferior to our stock seats. Those pesky little tabs that break are a pain. They can be changed but it involved removing the seat cover, removing the broken piece & replacing them with another one. It's a pain but it can be done. The problem is, where do you find the replacement pieces?

4thStroke

I was a big fan of the stock seats, they are very comfortable, but I wouldn't say the Recaros are inferior. It is a joke that they break as easy as they do, but I like that when the road gets curvy, I'm no longer sliding across a park bench in each corner.

Has anyone actually dyed the Evo VIII seats yet? I'd like to give it a try, but I have a feeling it's going to require a careful application of masking off the "suede" and using a shampooer to remove the excess dye solution.

gtluke

I still have my stock seats and they are in great shape. I've got a really screwed up back so the leather seats just won't work for me. Too much movement when operating the clutch. Racing style seats keep you planted better and it's remarkable how much easier it is on my back.
I may just coin up for a nice seat.

Anyone tried the new Genisis coupe seats? not sure how well they would fit or the price but they do look damn good and are super cumfy.

PreskitVR4

i am going to research different dyes, and see whats best. i have had my E-8 seats for two years sitting on the shelf, unwilling to put blue seats in my green car. i actually debated a color change on the car, for the seats.... but only for a second.

4thStroke

I thought the blue on green was a little out there, too, but then again, every Evo VIII, regardless of the color, had blue Recaros.

curtis

Quoting Red_Bird:
Anyone tried the new Genisis coupe seats? not sure how well they would fit or the price but they do look damn good and are super cumfy.

One of my buddies from school just bought a 3.8 track model and yes seats are badass.

Here's a set on ebay

gtluke

Quoting 4thStroke:
I thought the blue on green was a little out there, too, but then again, every Evo VIII, regardless of the color, had blue Recaros.

I have the blue seats in a green car, you absolutely do not even notice. You can't see the blue in the seats unless you are really looking into the car, at which point you aren't looking at the outside of the car.

Quoting gtluke:
I wouldn't buy evo seats again. Mine are all completely broken. They still function but the bolsters are all cracked off because they are crap plastic. They still look fine, but if you get up close behind them or grab a bolster and push it you can tell it's broken. It's a common EVO problem.
Tip: don't EVER reach for something in your back seat if you have EVO seats.

Learn something new every day.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

cheekychimp

Quoting curtis:
Quoting Red_Bird:

One of my buddies from school just bought a 3.8 track model and yes seats are badass.

Here's a set on ebay

Damn, will you guys stop doing this!

I've been looking for some seats that would look good with stock rear seats. How the hell can I ship more seats now? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts