The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evo REAR Seats pics?

mitsuturbo

I've yet to see any decent, comprehensive photos of evo seats installed in a GVR4. Particularly the REAR seat. Does anyone have any photos of this?
I seem to recall seeing (barely) in the corner of some photo, what looked like bare sheetmetal under the front corner of a seat. Do the evo seats cover everything as well as the factory seat?
It seems like the rear seatback fills things out pretty well, but the bottom may not. I've considered putting some leather evo seats in the back of 555, but i'm not going to try and obtain them if they don't fit the way i want them to.

It'd be great if someone with evo seats could post some photos of any areas that may not look "quite right" such as bare sheetmetal, gaps, et-cetera.

stealthtt24

The easiest way on the front seats is to pick up a set of Curtis brackets. I did a write up on those as well.

click

edit: quick pictures and whatnot on the fronts, just skip to the last page here

click

Last edited:

EgonOlsen

On mine
Havent been fastened yet, I just put them in loosely to see.

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

The lower right corner of that photo is what i'm talking about. This seems to confirm my suspicion that the seats do not cover all the way out to the carpet, and leave sheetmetal exposed.

EgonOlsen

What you normally do there is you cut some of the foam out of the seat so it will cover it.

on that pic I havent installed the lower seat porperly, I just layed it there for the picture.

marvinmadman

I just did the rear seats. I cut out the three mounts on the hump and its sits a lot lower just from doing that.

marvinmadman

I just read stealthtt24's how to on the rears. I didn't weld anything. I didn't cut the foam under the seat either. For my car that would've put the bottom seat too far forward. I also took Broxma's advice and drilled a hole in the hump on each side and put a bolt and nut through it and made a stud like that. So a bolt with two washers and one nut to attach my "stud" to the hump, then another nut and washer to bolt to the seat.

transparentdsm

did mine the way you did Marin and mine looks awesome just like your does. It shows the plastics a little more on the sides then stock does, but looks amazing reguardless

Brunoboy

Ive asked someone on the board and eh told me that he wrapped the bottom stock seat with the material from the evo seat so that its a "bolt in" type install.

marvinmadman

Cheaper, faster, easier for me to do it my way. At least for me. Took about 1 hour to complete. And I must say that the evo cushion is softer/more comfortable than the stock bottom. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts